• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Captain metorship program at Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't think the company knows exactly how it works.. If you interview, don't listen to what they tell you..

There are 2 groups of people who care about the mentor program.. The mentor captains and the mentorees.. We are shoorrrt on mentor captains and I've only met 2 or 3 guys who did the program..

I only know anything about it because I was told in the interview, I could do the mentor program, which in truth, I guess I COULD but I'd have to get the prereq of 1300 company time before I did..

In theory..

You could upgrade @ 3000TT with 500 in type.. So, you'd be at 3200TT before you upgraded..

If he meets the time and he is senior to you, yeh, you have to wait behind him...

Well.. Once you hit your 2nd year, you get 2nd year pay.. regardless of what seat your in..

The mentor program is a bit misleading, and I think it's mainly because many people do not know how it works..

You have to have 1300 PINNACLE time before you are even able to partake in the mentorship program..

With 2700TT, the mentorship would be a waste for you..

If you showed up on the property tomorrow the quickest you'd seen an upgrade would be at 3200TT..

Things are "slowing down" here.. However, the last vacancy as others have shown, had unfilled slots..

Someone posted the mins..

3500TT is the "min."
This can be reduced to 3000 with 500 in type.. 2500 with 1000 in type..

At 2700 TT the program would be a waste of time since the captain has approx 1500 TT.

Theres actually captains at Pinnacle? Thought they all bailed?

Relax, joke.

What exactly is different about "Pinnacle Time" than RJ time at other carriers?

The reduction is based on time at Pinnacle. A CRJ is still a CRJ, but flows, profiles, and procedures are different by every regional. Pinnacle will be different from Comair, Comair will be different from Eagle etc. etc.

Frankly, I like the idea of Pinnacle time. I've flown with one Comair guy who came here as a street Captain, and then proceeded to do things like [and I quote] "this is how we did it at Comair." That's great sir, but now you're at Pinnacle, so get with the program.

Frankly, I like the idea of Pinnacle time. I've flown with one Comair guy who came here as a street Captain, and then proceeded to do things like [and I quote] "this is how we did it at Comair." That's great sir, but now you're at Pinnacle, so get with the program.

Was is a big guy who wears the Hat?

with 3500tt you only have to do 100 hours in the right seat and then you can try for a capt spot...they are filling quickly usually there are about 2-10 new hire capt slots available every month with exceptions. and for everyone who knocks on 9e...if you live in or near base and come here hoping for upgrade but not depending on it, then it is a great place to work. I have had a lot of days off and the pay is not super, yet I my second year pay is hopefully about to become 57 bucks an hour

Some kind of slow-down? Where have you been the last 2 months???

Pinnacle hasn't slowed hiring at all yet; however, I've heard we go back to a class every two weeks soon instead of every week. Also, while seniority isn't moving up as quick anymore we are still understaffed on the captain-side. This is what happens when 90% of the folks you hire don't even have enough time to rent a C172. They take several years to hit upgrade mins.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back