Cape Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hello,
Last I looked, Cape Air had King Silver Crown avionics with the required 3-axis AP w/APP coupler. All are required in lieu of a "sandbag" in the right seat.

Regards,

ex- GULL AIR employee...THE original Cape and Islands Airline:)

This is a repeat of a post I made earlier. I'm not good for much more info than this......Not sure if there's any better info on willflyforfod or aviationinterviews.

Interview is tougher than it used to be. HR interview with the Chief Pilot, then a Technical Interview with (usually) the Director or Assistant Director of Training. Questions range from wind shear, to wake turbulence, to VFR/IFR chart interpretation, to 91/135 regs, to multi-engine dynamics & cockpit decision making. Simulator evaluation conducted in an Elite IGATE FTD, looking for good single-pilot IFR skills and thorough knowledge of the IFR environment (holds, approaches, readbacks, procedures). Usually depart HYA, approaches and holds are usually done in the vicinity of, if not at, HYA (around the Cape & Islands)
Training is thorough. 8-9 days of GS, then 8-10 hours in the sim, followed by 10-15 hours in the aircraft. A couple of LOFT sessions in the simulator, and then its on to a full 15 hours (maybe more) of IOE. You are paid throughout training. Hope this helps.

Latest resources

Back