Cape Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

muther

I've got an interview this Monday. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Muther,
Take a look on aviationinterviews.com. I don't think the interview has changed since the last one was posted.

cape air

I went through the interview in January of this year and found the people to be very nice...for the most part.

First you do a personal interview with either the chief or assistant cheif pilot. Then you take a one on one 50 question test with one of the line pilots.

Finally you get on what they call a sim ( I call it a souped up Atari2600, but that's just my opinion). They give you the scenario before you start with about 10 minutes to think about it and get comfortable with the controls.

I think I did average on the sim and above average on the test and interview. I didn't get the job but in hindsight I don't think I had chance because of my size (6'5, 245). Their planes are weight sensitive and, not coincidentally later I realized, all the pilot were about 130 lbs that I saw.

My advice to you would be to find a crappy 610 simulator somewhere and put 15 hours or so on it. Actually, I think Microsoft Simulator's Baron or equivalant might even do it, but you need the controls. Then study the basic 91 regs (they don't expect you to know the 135 regs in and out so just concentrate on 91 to a T!)

Also, just be pleasant and take your time answering the interview questions...they were vague and easy to come up with an answer. You'll enjoy the interview process and good luck with the opportunity.

C-YA

TimsKeeper,

Can you elaborate on the 50 question test with the line pilot?

Also what was the sim profile like?

Did they indicate what class start dates were avilable?

Thanks!

Sorry, I've been on the road too long.

I interviewed in January of last year.

The questions were on basic 91 rules and applying the rules to scenarios when flying into the Boston Class Bravo airspace. Also, a few were "what would you do" type questions that don't have an absolute answer.

The sim scenario was taking off and landing at Hyannis. First you do a steep turn and then you'll shoot one ILS with a full procedure turn.

That's all I remember, but good luck.

Imr125,

Had the interview on Monday, got the call Tuesday. Great company. First class is on January 19, then the second is on February 23. They're hiring about 30 - 35 for this year. E-mail me at [email protected] if you have any questions.

TimsKeeper said:
I think I did average on the sim and above average on the test and interview. I didn't get the job but in hindsight I don't think I had chance because of my size (6'5, 245). Their planes are weight sensitive and, not coincidentally later I realized, all the pilot were about 130 lbs that I saw.

I am going to have to call a complete BULLSHAT on this!!! I personally know a friend who is working there and he is 6'3"-250lbs. I guarantee you didn't do as well as you say you did on the interview. Grow the eff up and don't use your size for not getting the job!!!! Where did you get the idea that all pilots were 130 lbs??? I guess that is your way of "rationalizing" the fact that you suck!!!:puke:
Frostyboy:beer:

frostyboy said:
I am going to have to call a complete BULLSHAT on this!!! I personally know a friend who is working there and he is 6'3"-250lbs. I guarantee you didn't do as well as you say you did on the interview. Grow the eff up and don't use your size for not getting the job!!!! Where did you get the idea that all pilots were 130 lbs??? I guess that is your way of "rationalizing" the fact that you suck!!!:puke:

Well, that's a really nice first post, Sir. You'll fit right in here.

bafanguy said:
Well, that's a really nice first post, Sir. You'll fit right in here.

Thanx, I look forward to the journey!!!! (Yes, I sense the sarcasm) I just hate people making lame-a$$ excuses. I've been reading these boards for a while, and decided to become a member!!

Latest resources

Back