Cape Air Washout Rate......High

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Care269 said:
remind pilots on how to fly an ADF hold and approach (a highly vakued skill at Cape).

OK, there's the kicker, Im out!!!!!:laugh: :beer: I didn't think they were still around.:eek:

climbhappy said:
chperplt:

i'm concerned. the avatar's gone....all the flight time....

put the "cosmo" back. i liked that one.

I'm not a regular here anymore so I took it all down... Cosmo was my favorite though!!

I think the big issue with Cape Air is the type of flying they are expected to do. Cape approach almost always calls ACK and the Vinyard 1800 rvr when we all know it's not....

If you don't have a solid IFR scan and are unable to multi task, then there is a good chance you will wash out of training at Cape Air.

I found that a lot of pilots would wash out during IOE.

Although they could fly the plane, they could not Aviate, navigate, comunicate, make good decisions, make nice nice with the passnegers, and call for fuel while on final into Logan when the ILS 4r is at 1800rvr and blowing all at the same time.

The 402 is required to have an autopilot per FAR's.

When they break, you get an F/O.

If the 402 flying is too demanding for you I hear you can fly an ATR in Guam for Cape Air under Coex. I also hear that it's a great party for those who live there and do it.. any thoughts from the Cape Air crowd?

chperplt said:
I was going to say.... 1 in 4... No way!!

Yeah, lick my balls. You are supposed to be looking for my check stub in vegas! Did you find it?

BRA said:
Yeah, lick my balls. You are supposed to be looking for my check stub in vegas! Did you find it?

Actually, I did look. You were never LAS based (outside of training) so you don't have a file in ops..

chperplt said:
Actually, I did look. You were never LAS based (outside of training) so you don't have a file in ops..

-when all conventional means of getting your point across fail, go to the hammer, "Lick my balls"

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back