Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well said, Surplus1

Surplus1,

You brought clarity to the issue of organizing airline pilots. I had not considered that ALPA is successul with medical and FAA-enforcement problems. Perhaps IBEW may not be the best choice of union when seen in this light (no pun intended, sorry!).

Your information about union ballots was also quite informative.

To the Cape Air pilots, best wishes to you. I hope that you will be able to get the best representation possible.

Happy 4th!

Kilomike

Money

As with most anything, it ends up being about the money. Small group, small income to union, small amount they are going to spend doing anything.

This is why small companies do not have unions for the most part.

Yes....reciprocating jumpseat agreements in the Kenworth! $2.99 breakfast specials at Big Al's Roadhouse, chicks with no teeth and all of that cool CB radio talk.

10/4 good buddy

Go with ALPA! They will give you the most experience and the best recourses available. They know how to deal with airlines and pilots in the appropriate way. You will be able to draw off of past airlines negotiating tactics and history and learn how to best negotiate with them. Long term it will be the best choice. Go with ALPA.

Forget Union/Fly Jets

Forget this union stuff. Has anyone ever heard of a succesful union in the 135 job market? I have not. What you guys need is some jet time. Kalitta Charters, lear operator out of Ypsilanti,MI, is looking for a few good pilots. I know they have interviewed a few people this week. You need to Fax them a resume like yesterday. Fax #(734)544-3421. Chief Pilot is Brad Clark.

Latest resources

Back