Cape Air to purchase Gulfstream Intl.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

limpyoke

Rumor is that Cape Air is going to purchase Gulfstream International Airlines. Does anyone have any information?

Whats your source. They are keeping pretty tight lipped around Cape Air if this is true. Nobody knows anything. Its all rumur until you see a 1900 with Cape Air Paint.

A 1900 would not work for a company like Cape Air. Short flights in turbo props = lost money. Ack Air how are you going to go below mins in a turboprop you guys cant operate them like 402s.

Ack Air how are you going to go below mins in a turboprop you guys cant operate them like 402s.

I've done a lot of flying in the past 10 years. From Army helicopters to crap 172s to crap 1900s... Never in my life have I been as scared as when I flew Cape Air.

Great bunch of pilots... just scary sh!t.

GREENMONSTER QUOTE... a 1900 ....

would not work for a company like cape air.

you probably have reasons for your opinion.....mine is it would....most 19 seaters have a DOC of 750 to 1000. depends on the math. most numbers derived from fleets of twenty or more..... cape air has managed to survive flying piston twins with one pilot... HOW?... they have a nitch and have done a great job doing what they do best. since their customers know them as the real life SANDPIPER AIR , this upgrade in service could only be met with a positive.. after all, they're coming out of a 402.... Also,, in my view, this allows them now to book more people from hubs to spokes ..then to the islands.. are they phasing out the 402s ...don't know... its like a micro airline.... 1900s in the early am and late pm.. 402s in the middle of the day...

i believe, if they got this far and it was on the sheer will of the owner, then this will work.... it's not EAS, so thet won't be seeing MESA anywhere.

bottom line, with their revenue model, more people and flight frequency will mean profits, and after all, when a guy at gulfstream pays 27,000 in the front door, you start out in the black.

Latest resources

Back