• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Cape Air question...

flydaddy0499

Now accepting donations:)
Total Time
Does anyone know if Cape Air will hire with only ATP written (which I have completed) or must you have the rating?

Thinking about applying.

Thanks,

flydaddy0499

hotwings402

Total Time
You need a ATP because it is a scheduled airline operation which requires a ATP and first class etc.

flydaddy0499

Now accepting donations:)
Total Time
I have a 1st class med, will they not give you an ATP checkride in training?

KeroseneSnorter

Robust Member
Total Time
Miller
flydaddy0499 said:
I have a 1st class med, will they not give you an ATP checkride in training?

With your time most places will question why a professional pilot with 2500 hours does not yet have an ATP (Assuming that you are 23 or older)

They only peeps that I have ever seen get hired at an airline without an ATP were mostly women. (No social commentary, just what I have seen.)

Go ahead and knock the ATP out at a weekend course and solve your problem.

barnyard

F Caravans
Total Time
Jeez, you guys are brutal.

In the past, they have hired folks with their ATP written and the required time, and asked nicely for 1 year of service in exchange for your ATP checkride, allowing you to fly the line.

With everyone bailing for the regionals and such these days this might be a possibility.

I was called for an interview with no ATP last March.

Hope this helps, they are a great bunch of dudes and gals.

-barn