Cape Air maintenance question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Newbomb

I have a maintenance question for any of you Cape Air guys flying the 402s. The deice boots on our C-414 will not deflate all the way. They pump up great, but fail to suck down all the way. I thought maybe some of you guys may have seen this problem before. I think it might be one of the flow valves that is stuck open, but I'm not really sure. Thanks.

De-ice boots

It's been awhile since I was at Cape Air. I have had this problem before and was always isolated to the horizontal stab. Each time it was a valve that was stuck as you were saying. If I remember correctly the boots are inflated by the exhaust side of the vacuum system but I can't remember what pulls the boots back into position. I just wrote the plane up and the mechanics had it working by the next morning.

i fly freight in a 402 and this happens all the time. if its not deflating usually its the vavle to the suction side of the system. i believe that the boot system pulls the suction from the line just after the attitude ind. anyway that valve seemed to go bad pretty often and it was also the cause if not fixed in time of many vacuim pumps breaking.

Latest resources

Back