• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cape Air in BWI???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why does Cape Air only use their ATRs in Guam? Wouldn't it be just as good if not better to use them in the US along with the 402's?

Cape Air is 135 with the 402's and out of the general aviation side of BWI so no TSA needed, yes they are contracting with Simmons, Contract was signed 2 days ago, OXB to start followed by atlantic city then others I cannot yet list. PM me for with questions.

FMEpilot is right. Cape will be expanding into BWI to fly to ocean city. Not sure how many round trips yet. One plane was sent there, two lines built, two maint. guys, and the maint. base is BWI. All the passenger boarding will be done at the FBO so no TSA. Also got wind of expansion into the Portland, OR. area. Not quite sure on the details, but CEO said sometime in the fall. ATR's are on their way......not sure, and a little speculation on my part, I think they will be replacing the 70 or so jets Continental nixed from Express Jet. Either that or to take over for Colgan in Houston. Last I heard Mainline was not super thrilled with their performance. Hey, what do I know? I just go to work, shut my mouth, don't bend metal, and hope I never get furloughed......again.

Last edited:
I am in BWI 4 days a week, Signatures fuel prices are insane. Therefore, I never get gas there.

A while back that company Simmons started up and it looked like they had a good thing going. They fixed the little Signature builing up and put their signs up. Then after a month or so covered their signs, and the planes never seemed to move from their spots. Now they are sitting in a hanger.

Just out of curiousity, don't you need to fly the planes to make money? Hopefully they do have a good plan because their is probably a good market for weekend travelers to OXB... I also bet they could also get business going to the Outer Banks as well. It's a long drive to either, but a short flight to both.

OXB used to have scheduled Navajo service back in 90-91. The airline was called Skyone airlines, I think. They took me on one of my first rides in an airplane, and the FO ended up being my first instructor. They went out out of business pretty quickly. ONe of the reasons was the Maryland Aviation Administration found out they were doing scheduled flights from the GA side of the airport and made them lease a gate at the terminal, over on C-concourse. They went out of business a few months later.

They ran shceduled service to ACY and OXB from BWI. I think it was $60.00 each way.

I was a cleaner for Cape Air for 3 years I think its great that they are expanding. Keep it up!

Whats the scoop on Oregon? Will it be 402's or ATR's. But seriously whats the latest gouge on the interview? Has anyone interviewed there in the last couple of weeks?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back