Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rigger

need some info on:

What are schedules like? how do you get them?

What days off can you expect?

How are bases awarded? Are they awarded?

If so what = senior/Jr

Do they expect you to fly in NE and In FLA?

I there a reserve schedule?

Who files makes the flight plans?

What else do you do besides fly?

Anything else you think might be relevant.

Thanks

What are schedules like? how do you get them?like reserve because they will use you 100% of the time on your sched. backup day.

What days off can you expect?
a new person can expect about 8 days a month

You bid on sched. based on senority you can expect a 5 on 2 off to start with . They will not calll you on your hard days off. They are the same two days a week for the entire bid. You will hold a line but its called a backup line (its like being on ready reserve) They do not tell you your start times untill the night before and you probably wont know your end time. Its not really

How are bases awarded? Are they awarded?
bases are awarded by senority. You most likely will have to move around seasonaly untill you have enough senority to hold a base year round. You will not hold Florida year round ever. (i cant hold Fla yearround and Ive worked here 7 years) After a year you might be able to hold HYA or the carribean year round.

If so what = senior/Jr
Depends on season Hya has the most lines of all bases year round
Do they expect you to fly in NE and In FLA?
Yes if you cant hold a base in the off season you should probably plan on moving. Sometimes they will hire someone into a base like HYA and let them stay year round but you wont get much work in the winter if staffing levels are high.
I there a reserve schedule?
No, just backup lines like stated above and you will be working on those days no staying at home and collecting minimum.
Who files makes the flight plans?
most flight plans are canned and you pick them up from the tower without filling if a flight plan needs to be filled you have to do it yourself.
What else do you do besides fly?
ATR 42 and 402c
Anything else you think might be relevant.
pm me if you haver any specific questions

NEGATIVE, WHEN ARE YOU COMING BACK TO WORK HERE? WE NEED PILOTS. I COULD RECOMEND YOU AND COLLECT THE BONUS. haha HOPE ALL IS WELL SAY HELLO TO THE WIFE FOR ME.

CCCCYA

Latest resources

Back