• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAPA and ATP requirement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
In my summation, I mentioned that by banning code share operations, congress could solve a majority of these problems in one fell swoop. If it flys on the code, it should fly on the certificate. If the contract carriers are as safe and provide a similar level of customer satisfaction, then certainly they should be able to stand on their own, rather than hiding behind the skirts of a major airline.
Good luck with that one, I think Alaska and American would have issue along with US Airways and United. Not to mention BA, Luftansa, Air India and so on. They all code share to get thier passangers where they want to go. Besides last time I checked Alaska and Luftansa don't fly to OKC but they do under code share.

Good luck with that one, I think Alaska and American would have issue along with US Airways and United. Not to mention BA, Luftansa, Air India and so on. They all code share to get thier passangers where they want to go. Besides last time I checked Alaska and Luftansa don't fly to OKC but they do under code share.

So much the better. Protecting scope isn't just about the smallest jets. Sometimes it's about the top end, too.

Nu

The point of requiring ATP is that the aspiring pilots have met the certain amount of experience level as well as consistency in skills by the virtue of going through multiple levels of trainings and checkrides. While it does not mean that ATP guarantees it by any means, it is a good and fair place to start, I think. Let's be frank here - it was getting pretty ridiculous out there. 200 hr pilots being presumed to be equally qualified as captains after their initial? At least that's the official presumption in airline trainings while everyone knows airlines are just tossing the burden in the captains' laps. I agree that captains should be advocates of showing the rope, however, they should be able to expect certain level of consistent competencies.

Latest resources

Back