Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

inthepool

My name is Inigo Montoya
I've been a member of this site for two weeks now, and aside from a couple of facts here and there, the only thing I've learned is that we as a pilot group hate each other. There is more negativity and mudslinging here than during election times! I hate you because you went to XYZ Univerisity. I hate you because you work for ABC Airlines. I hate you because you're not a part of EFG Organization. I hate you because I flew checks in the middle of the night, IFR in ice and you didn't. I hate you because you have less time than I do and a better job. For the love of God people! Whatever happened to helping your fellow pilots out? Is this the kind of solidarity that is going to help us advance in this industry? If you want to be pissed off at the world, that's your business I guess, but at least give it some thought...

What's funny is that most of these folks would get along just fine if they met in person.

It's something about the anonymity.

You're right....

I agree, I'g buy the first round if we met in person...

It's not all hatred, I seen people get jobs because of this site, and sometimes good info or ideas are shared.

My excuse is too much time on reserve:D

Happy landings,
Thunderchief

Never met a pilot yet who I haven't got along with and who wouldn't of tried to help me or I would help them out.

I think it's mostly venting and...

a few other factors, like it being a faceless teletype way of communication.

Don't let it get you down...i think most are just venting and would probably be just as quick to post a helpfull post if they had info like that, to post on. Plus with the economy glum, the outlook glum, the country on the glum edge of a war for oil...did you think everyone would just be breaking out in a chorus from "The Sound Of Music"?

inthepool for president!!!!!! I have learned alot from you comments or post over the past week. you have helped me to see both sides of the fence dealing with freedom airlines. So I agreeeee with you lets all get back to helping one another versus sticking eachothers face in the mud...............

I'll have to say that 99% of the pilots I have met have been great people, no matter what airline, job, school, etc. Venting is a great way to relieve the stress of the industry. We need it. All in all, pilots are a great bunch of people and I have nothing but fun when we all get together. Enjoy your career and try not to take things to personally. Good luck to all and have fun!!

Stand by your words

I believe you are right. Many find it easy to vent and go over the top when their name isn't associated with their posts. That is why I have always used my own name on this site, have posted a detailed background and stand by hind my opinions.

A few times I have wanted to be less political or tactful in voicing an opinion or responding to someone, but having my name on the post helps in maintaining a higher level of professionalism.

wrightavia,

not only are you wrong, but your wrong. you hear me? wrong. We are not going to war over oil. we are going to war because saddam is a punk and the middle east will never be stable with him in power.

When G.W. says go, I expect you as an American to support him and stop the far left kidney punches at OUR president and OUR policies.

Latest resources

Back