• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

can't we all just get along?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Andy, Jeff & hopeful: Right on to you all.
It's time for us to come together as a nation and back our president. He might just know a little more than we do.

Re: Stand by your words

Jeff Helgeson said:
I believe you are right. Many find it easy to vent and go over the top when their name isn't associated with their posts. That is why I have always used my own name on this site, have posted a detailed background and stand by hind my opinions.

A few times I have wanted to be less political or tactful in voicing an opinion or responding to someone, but having my name on the post helps in maintaining a higher level of professionalism.

Ha Ha, not a flame by any means Jeff. I can tell you from experience that having real names does not work toward keeping things civil. Look at the ALPA boards, real names doesn't stop the name calling one bit. Calforums, (which you have to be an XJT or CAL pilot to use) that board is full of mudslinging. No, real names doesn't help, just lets you know who the jerks are.

It may help, but it is not a cure-all

Capt. Jim:

I never said it prevents the mudslinging, but I do believe it helps most to moderate themselves. It really doesn't stop the 10% A-hole factor on all the seniority lists that tend to post 90% of the BS, but it does identify who they are. So when you put the face with the name, you know where to send the computer police.

I respect your opinion, even if you do strap your Johnson upside down on the dinning room table and stick in water!!! You must be single, because I doubt your wife would let you do that.

Re: It may help, but it is not a cure-all

Jeff Helgeson said:
Capt. Jim:

I respect your opinion, even if you do strap your Johnson upside down on the dinning room table and stick in water!!! You must be single, because I doubt your wife would let you do that.

Come on Jeff, it's a good time, everybody should strap there Johnson on a table and jump in the water! :D

Last edited:
Writing v. speaking

Sometimes the spoken word is less offensive than the written word. In other words, something spoken somes across harshly compared to if it were in print. Also, in print, it is more one-sided than in normal conversation, during which you can interject comments. Also, no matter how carefully you try to write something, something printed tends to come across as lecturing at someone instead of just talking to him/her.

What I found enjoyable about the board is it represents the same cross-section of pilots, and personalities and maturity levels, that I knew when I was working. It comes across in their writings. Being anonymous might make people less inhibited in what they write. That may be a plus or minus, depending on the purpose of the post.

Evinrude

Jimbo

I love water sports as much as the next guy, but I prefer Evinrude. If I want to strap it on the dinning room table and put it in the water, well rock on. Let's race 'em for distance!

Jeff

Latest resources

Back