Can't Find A Job

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

falcondriver

I'm falling apart. I've got 3671 tt, with over 1600 in Falcon 20's. 1005 of it is PIC in the Falcon and I can't find a job. I know I'm not the only pilot who can't find a job. I just want to say that this sucks. I will be glad when things pickup.
Good Luck to the unemployed.....
Falcondriver "Used to be"

You're not alone....

Let's see....I have more total time and still cannot find pilot employment; I am willing to relocate anywhere in the United States (including Alaska) and still cannot find pilot employment.

Friends of mine are beginning to be hired for REAL flying positions, i.e., full-time, healthcare, benefits, etc.; all of those hired knew someone.

That means I now know people who know someone....

What I have noticed in many recent positions is the fact that you need to be "current and qualified" before you can even be considered. So that Lear type-rating I have isn't worth very much at this time....not current.....

I hate to say this, but I'm glad I'm not the only one floundering!! Send me a PM if you want to vent.....

I've 3037 hours and I'll go anywere in the world just to get back in the cockpit. It's tough right now. **CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED****CENSORED** I wish the Air Force would let me have an F-15 for a couple of days, set the GPS to Afganistan and go to town.

Last edited:
FalconDriver;

Hang in there... Things are getting better. I predict you will be employed before the fall. Next year should be very good for pilots.

Good Luck.
DesertFalcon

=====================================

falcondriver said:
I'm falling apart. I've got 3671 tt, with over 1600 in Falcon 20's. 1005 of it is PIC in the Falcon and I can't find a job. I know I'm not the only pilot who can't find a job. I just want to say that this sucks. I will be glad when things pickup.
Good Luck to the unemployed.....
Falcondriver "Used to be"

Flight Crews International

You folks should try Captain Mac at www.fcilax.com . Captain Mac is primarily into crew leasing, but he has listings of all kinds of openings, and especially for very experienced people such as you. Unlike some pilot jobs organizations we know, Captain McNicol is delightful, a real gentleman and, most importantly, shoots straight.

Best wishes to all of you.

The main problem with Avcrew, AEPS, etc

The main problem with all of the job boards is that 12,000 pilots are responding to these jobs. If they are qualified or not. Employers have no idea what they are getting themselves into when they post a job on one of the job boards. The phone won't stop ringing, fax machine catchs on fire, and their e-mail crashes due to 12,000 pilots responding to the job.
Good Luck to all
Falcondriver "used to be"

Re: FCI

I'll second Bobbysamd's opinion of FCI. Not that I have ever paid for the service, but I do read the newsletter when my friends get it. In the past it has been more airline related though and it always seems to be ten pages long, even when there isn't ten pages worth of stuff to put in. Can we say " fill":) Still, lots of addresses and ideas.

I'm getting tired of paying for nothing. I have AEPS and so does 80,000 other people. Can you tell I'm frustrated???
FD

More about FCI

It cost $150/year last time I checked. I don't know how that compares with the others. I indeed realize that this is another expense, but don't forget that these membership fees are tax-deductable.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back