Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

great cornholio

Are you threatening me??
Was flying all day today and every time I wrote down Aug 26th I thought about Scott and Steve (Colgan crash in HYA Aug 26th 2003) for those of you guys who don't know what I'm talking about. Even though its been 5 years I still remember it like it was yesterday, I can see HPN ops where they told us right before we left to head to BOS that a 1900 had crashed in HYA. I remember flying to BOS and the whole time wondering and talking about who it was, what plane, was anyone was alive...Then I remember getting to BOS and seeing the Colgan mechanic there all tore up and he told us who it was and what plane it was and that no one was found alive yet.

I still remember how Scott would go out of his way just to say hello anytime he saw a fellow Colgan guy. I still remember riding to HYA with Steve by chance from the hotel because I had to dhd out of HYA and Steve was the F/O a few weeks before the crash. And my favorite memory of Steve was when me and a few other guys/gals from class had to take a break from studying so we made ghetto "costumes" and went trick or treating to the other Colgan rooms in the LGA hotel cause it was Halloween and I can see Steve's face when he answered the door and just kind of rolled his eyes.

Sorry for the sad tone, but like I said I noticed the date and couldn't belive that it had been 5 years already.

hey, were we roomies at the crashpad in HPN? I was there at the time and flew the wrecked plane the day before it went in. I also met the mesa capt in HTS the night before she flew back to charlotte.

we must have been in training in the Oct 02 class of about 30. i ws hired as a street capt.

hope your well.

Scott was a great guy. Ill never forget the time we set the grass on fire by the fuel farm! Roman candles and booze rule! Funny thing was, we were flying fire patrol together, at the time.

hey, were we roomies at the crashpad in HPN? I was there at the time and flew the wrecked plane the day before it went in. I also met the mesa capt in HTS the night before she flew back to charlotte.

we must have been in training in the Oct 02 class of about 30. i ws hired as a street capt.

hope your well.

I was based in HEF at the time and was TDY'd up to HPN that week. I was in the Oct 02 class and if you are who I think you are then I'm pretty sure I was flying with you that day.

Wow. I didn't know the guys but damn...5 years! Time does go by fast. For those that have them, go spend time with your kids and don't blink...you might miss something.

Latest resources

Back