Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Can you know a base before you are hired?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

1-2-go

Can anyone please tell me if you are offered a base before you accept the job at your company?

I’ve heard stories of people “probably” getting XXX city during the interview, then finding out sometime during training they’ll have a 2 leg commute!

Thanks in advance for any input!

I know of no regional that offers a base before class. I think a couple allocate bases on the first day. At SkyWest, newhires usually find out the last part of ground school.

Basing also depends on seniority. The senior members of the class may get the base you want but if you are on the tail end, you will get what no one else wants. I have seen one case where the junior guy was the ONLY one to get his first choice because he wanted someplace like Yuma.

I believe American Eagle is guaranteeing bases for new hires, before they start training. NetJets gives you a base and aircraft type with the job offer, but they are not a regional.

ASA does also. I mean, we only have 1 base, but at least you will know where it is at....

What are the reserve times at those places??

What are the reserve times at those places??

Does it really matter what the reserve time is...you have 600 hrs and list C-152/C172 and PA-28 for airplanes flown... I wouldn't get picky about time on reserve flying a CRJ-700 or EMB-145.

Go for a prop (DFW, MIA, LAX, or SJU). Props have the shortest reserve. Eagle is hiring a crapload of people...or at least attempting to. If you pick DFW or LAX there's a possiblity that you could get a jet, though.

Latest resources

Back