Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Can you know a base before you are hired?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ORD has no reserve, neither does SJU. DFW on the prop is short.

ORD has no reserve, neither does SJU. DFW on the prop is short.
What he means is that EMJ in ORD has no reserve. CRJ does quite a bit. As a note, the past 3 newhire classes have had ORD CRJ slots in them. We'll see what this Monday shows. But if you bid ORD there's is now a possibility of getting the CRJ and sitting at least a year or more of reserve.

At TSA they told us on the second day of indoc. When I moved to Republic (Shuttle) they didn't post base assignments until the day before my sim checkride.

Go for a prop (DFW, MIA, LAX, or SJU). Props have the shortest reserve. Eagle is hiring a crapload of people...or at least attempting to. If you pick DFW or LAX there's a possiblity that you could get a jet, though.

If you want a jet ORD/LGA/BOS are the only way to guarantee one. LAX and DFW are SF3 for the forseeable future. I can't speak to LAX, but reserve on the SF3 in DFW will be very short. An F/O popped into my ground shool class a couple of weeks ago and said that there were no F/Os on reserve in DFW for May. I'm sure there are some with composite lines and that will change I'm sure, but it gives you an idea...

What he means is that EMJ in ORD has no reserve. CRJ does quite a bit. As a note, the past 3 newhire classes have had ORD CRJ slots in them. We'll see what this Monday shows. But if you bid ORD there's is now a possibility of getting the CRJ and sitting at least a year or more of reserve.
Excellent point, I forgot to mention that. Use to be that no new hires went to the CRJ, must be nice for those guys to get some guys below them.
If you go to ORD on the CRJ you will be reserve for a while.

Pinnacle will guarantee you a base even before you interview!

MEM
DTW
or MSP

Guaranteed!
I thin that he means that he wants to know specifically which base, not a choice of three.

This month in DFW on the Saab it's 13-18 days off a month.
3-4-4-5, 3-6-6-5, and 3-4-6-5 are typical legs on a 4 day trip.

Much better than the 8 leggers you'll get on the Brazillia at Skywest. Ouch.

Latest resources

Back