• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

can you ID this NASA plane?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One year at Oshkosh a couple of retired RB-57 guys gave a talk on the history of these planes. They have lead a very colorful life, and done a lot of spooky things in their times. These airplanes have almost nothing in common with the British and USAF B-57s.

One thing that was interesting was that said the backseaters were sometimes civilian contractors who made much more than the Air Force pilots in the front seat. That sounded pretty cool to an ex-WSO.

Yeah, and some of those highly paid civilian "contractors" are now filing lawsuits against the US government claiming that they were effectively in the military and are wanting retirement pay, medical coverage, etc.

Wwdgd?

Whatever that plane is, I'd be willing to bet that DaveGriffin will claim he's jumped out of it. Furthermore, I'm sure he's extremely displeased with the service he received from "chicken$hit" NASA pilots that flew it. BMD

BMD said:
Whatever that plane is, I'd be willing to bet that DaveGriffin will claim he's jumped out of it. Furthermore, I'm sure he's extremely displeased with the service he received from "chicken$hit" NASA pilots that flew it. BMD

I heard the NASA pilots made way too much in per diem.

I know a couple of the research pilots attached to aircrew ops at EFD. All are ex-military, TPS is not a prerequisite, some do have it.

Psysicx: Know your audience, dude.

Latest resources

Back