Can someone tell me the "GoJet" story?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
rsspilot said:
Im answering your question Redbook.....not yes...but HELL YES if they offered me a job. I have no love for unions.....they have done nothing but hurt. Tell me the good they have done and dont say stupid things like insurance and profit sharing and days off because last time I checked every major corporation such as Xerox, HP, Dell, Microsoft, and others offer these. Guess what, no union.

Thank you very much for your honesty rsspilot.

I knew your answer would be yes, that you would happily join an alter ego to Fedex, UPS, or anyother carrier out there, and be delighted to fly the largest equipment possible for the lowest possible rates.

You and your g0jet breatheren are alter ego pilots. That is not a one time deal.

For all the pilots that have posted on here in your defense and tried to list mitigating factors about why g0jet was a "special case", I hope this is an eye opening post.

jbDC9 said:
See there?? I knew this would come up... just surprised it's towards the bottom of page 2.

You are so horrified/delighted that this came up but yet you ignore the previous post where the g0jet pilots state they would join an alter ego for any carrier.

I wonder what type of individual you are.

I am posting Rsspilot's response again, with my original question. He says "hell yes" he would join an alter ego again, and says it is due to having "no love" for unions. I doubt many pilots at Fedex, UPS or anywhere else would give a dang what his reason/excuse would be for joining an alter ego. Same at Trans States Airlines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbook
I have challenged any g0jet pilot to respond to a simple question. They defend joining an alter ego and being part of a whipsaw. However when I ask if they would join an alter ego to whipsaw, say Fedex, they fall silent.

Rsspilot and the other g0jet alter ego pilots can't/won't answer the simple question. For the millionth time:

They keep dodging, confusing, obfuscating. But you can't run from the alter ego that you joined. So answer:

Go try your alter ego game at Fedex. Tell them that you will fly the A380 for less and start with zero seniority. How do you think that will go over?

Oh, but you would "like" your job at Fedexg0jet. It wouldn't be ok there, and its not ok here.

[quote=rsspilot]Im answering your question Redbook.....not yes...but HELL YES if they offered me a job. I have no love for unions.....they have done nothing but hurt. Tell me the good they have done and dont say stupid things like insurance and profit sharing and days off because last time I checked every major corporation such as Xerox, HP, Dell, Microsoft, and others offer these. Guess what, no union.[/quote]

Go-Jet = Death to our QOL (Thanks you ever-lowest jerks)

QUIT NOW AND SPREAD THE NEWS!!! EVERYONE THERE QUIT!!! NOW!!

redbook said:
You are so horrified/delighted that this came up but yet you ignore the previous post where the g0jet pilots state they would join an alter ego for any carrier.

I wonder what type of individual you are.
So... why would you give a sh!t what type individual I am?? I fly for CAL; if you meant to imply that I'm a GJ pilot, piss off and quit assuming. I'm not "horrified/delighted" about this crap, I'm merely poking fun at the way these G0 Jet threads degenerate into bashing and name calling. Oh, and excuse me for ignoring a previous post, sometimes I have to go fly a trip, earn a living and all that.

Lighten up Francis.

I have a right to bitch about this, yesterday was my last day of work at TSA due to being furloughed, maybe not directly, but definitely indirectly by HOJETS taking our jobs. I gave them all the one finger salute, actually dual 1 finger salutes, when taxiing by them while they sat in the Charlie pad waiting to leave, and NOT GETTING PAID FOR IT. Im sure ill get a call, uh, the FO in 8**HK gave us the finger as they were taxing by yesterday and I felt hurt by his gesture. You all will get yours when TSAH starts an alter-alter ego company to whipsaw your asses.

Good luck rjacobs, I hope you find a much better company to work for. Hopefully this is just a bump in the road for you.
I know it's hard, but keep your chin up.

Hello there

Before being furloughed from Trans States I made it a point to ask other pilots about the Go Jet option. Let me make this clear, I did not ask Trans States pilots. In my travels, I, and friends that I had asked to find out about the general opinion about Go Jet. We must have surveyed together over 100 captains from other regional and major airlines. And..... "It seems it would be a career ending move." Some Captains even showed me a list in their flight bag of all the pilots that are now working for Go Jet. The word is out.

But I feel bad for the young people that had that aviation sparkle in their eye and hopes to go big, For getting caught up in this mess. They knew no better.

And for that I am Flyinsick...

flyinsick said:
We must have surveyed together over 100 captains from other regional and major airlines. And..... "It seems it would be a career ending move." Some Captains even showed me a list in their flight bag of all the pilots that are now working for Go Jet. The word is out.
Well... One former GoJet captain I know is now an FO for Continental Airlines. Kinda torpedoes THAT theory.

Does anyone know a guy by the name of Nathan that flies or flew for TSA. He use to fly a caravan for Mid-Atlantic freight. I think he got hired on around May or June of 04. Tall skinny guy. Anyone?

Latest resources

Back