Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Can Someone please point me in the right direction?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

blarson24

I'm very new to the aircraft business, but I have a new concept involving starting up a charter business, and wanted to see what it all entails to get started. Any information would be greatly appreciated, the more the better. I want to keep aircraft acquisition costs as low as possible, want to know what typical insurance rates will be, what types of costs come with flying in and out of certain airports, and how much those costs are. I'd like to get a plane seating between 20-30 people, and will be making fairly short trips, all under an hour. Like I said, I don't know where to begin, so any other questions that I may need to think about would also be helpful. Basically, what are the barriers of entry to get started in the business. Not that I would be a threat to anyone's current business, but if that is a concern, don't worry, that will not be an issue. Thank you in advance for any advice you may have.

Ben

As someone once said, to make a little money in the airline business, start with a lot of money!

A newbie really has no real sense for the business especially starting with a 20 to 30 passenger aircraft which limits the options considerably. I would have to know much more about your concept, especially annual utilization and number of aircraft to give much advice.

Actually if you follow the trends a 30 pax aircraft is highly in demand. My former company bought a certificate with a EMB-120 on it less than a year ago. They currently have 4. They all stay very busy. There is a huge demand for college sports teams, and nascar racing. Intial cost of 30 passenger turbo prop, and low operating costs helps out alot. You can pick up a EMB-120 for about the same cost as a 20 year old Citation. Good luck if you have a good amount of time, and capital you should make it!

Latest resources

Back