• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

lowery21

Wings of Peace?

www.wingsofpeace.org

...is this PFT? I know of charity orgs that fly DC-3s out of PBI, is this like that? I don't mind flying for next to nothing, but I want to know what I'm getting into.

Last edited:
lowery21 said:
www.wingsofpeace.org

...is this PFT? I know of charity orgs that fly DC-3s out of PBI, is this like that? I don't mind flying for next to nothing, but I want to know what I'm getting into.

You joined Oct. 2004. Therefore, you should have lurked here long enough to know that this is a bad attitude. Never fly for next to nothing.

Ok... How about.."I don't mind paying my dues to get to where I want to be."

Now, will you answer my question?

Volunteering is not PFT

There are two things I can't stand; people who are intolerant of other cultures, and the Dutch.

Answer

This is a non profit charity organization. It is operated by volonteers. NO PAYCHECKS! They do humanitarian work in Haiti.

As explained on our organization’s profile WOP has developed various programs to give the first employment for Low Time Pilots including from basic programmes up to high time qualifications to give the pilot a complete background to enter in a Major airline.

When you fly with WOP it is no just a training, it is counted as your first employment and more flying turbine aircrafts what give you strong background in a real airline operation. It is not just taking a TYPE RATING without job . When you do it with WOP you will have the full programme to fit the best and highest qualification in the industry of aviation. Many flight schools and training centers have offered the Type rating but what is a type rating without an employment and real activity???? Answer yourself!!! That’s why WOP is the only choice for an initial Airline experience that includes from Bush flying up to airline operation in the real world of aviation. If you can face this challenge come fly with Wings of Peace Inc.

All the programs were developed to reach the maximum background in Flying procedures under carefully studies and decisions to provide our pilots an unique opportunity to improve their background and get a real employment opportunity with no previous experience. WOP gladly invites you to join its programmes certain that you will make the difference with your future definitely guaranteed in the industry of Aviation.

Note that all WOP’s programmes are employment contracts opportunity with Wings of Peace inc.

Apparently, their version of religious dogma prohibits the use of the spelling and grammar check function of MS Word. It does not, however, consider PFT a sin.

Non-profit or not, it sounds like a way to get desperate low time pilots to rationalize paying for their job.

i don't see anyone who has actually done real work, and not depended on other people (parents or uncle sam) to pay for where they sleep, shower, and eat going to go and pay to work somewhere.

PFT is like going to a slave camp or something where you pay to do work, which earns other folks money.

Totally screwed up.

Anyone who has PFTed, how did you survive?

Actually they have rather high minimums and are very selective. Most of the pilots are high time retired guys. The operation is doing some good in the world, not trying to "take advantage" of low time desperate pilots.

Latest resources

Back