Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Can other airlines see if I washed out of training?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I dont think they can find out... If its not on your FAA records and you were never offically hired, plus you didnt take a checkride. Its not a type rating. Its up to you what you tell them.

that's a rookie mistake. I've seen people get caught many many times... remember it's a small industry. All it takes is for one person to go, "hey I remember that guy from my last job" or something like that.

You are entitled to a copy of any and all of your records from anyplace you have ever worked. I'd request a copy from the training department, and see exactly what the records say. At the next place you apply to, (depending upon what the records say) don't DENY having started training at XYZ airlines, but don't advertise that you washed out, either. They may have shown it as a withdrawl, you won't know till you see the records. FWIW, the PRIA only requires that a company keep training records for a pilot for 7 years after he last flew revenue there. We used to round-file the records for anybody that didn't get thru a checkride, and list them as a withdrawl to prospective employers. That is, unless they were an attitude problem, in which case we tried to make life REALLY difficult. Until you have a copy of the records, this is kind of a tough one to answer.

airludy said:
I dont think they can find out... If its not on your FAA records and you were never offically hired, plus you didnt take a checkride. Its not a type rating. Its up to you what you tell them.

You can try to justify it all you want but no matter what technicalities you use the bottom line is your lying to a potential employer. Your going to have to lie when you have to explain that gap in your employment. Your going to have to lie on your application where it asks if you have ever failed training from a 121 airline. Your going to have to have a personal reference lie for you to cover your gap in employment. Your going to have to lie when they ask why you quit your last flying job without having a job anywhere else. I dunno to me it seems like a lot of covering up for something thats not the end of the world. There are a lot of resourceful background companies that can dig up all kinds of dirt on people. Is it really worth risking your career over? Its always up to the person what to do, it is kind of concerning though. If someone is going to go through all this trouble to cover up something like this up what else could they try to hide in the future?

Here's a little twist on what this guys going through but just wanted to get a little more advise. I had a family emergency that I could'nt put to the wayside any longer. I past all test I was given but left durring systems. I like to give 110% in my training and line flying and i felt I could'nt do this. I did'nt want to cheat myself or the airline. I know this was touched on here briefly but I also feel this has made it almost impossible to continue on in this career.
Really quick I want to thank the PSA chiefs for that uplifting bit of advise last week.

Latest resources

Back