Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Can I be a flight attendant for a European company and live abroad?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

nana99

Hi,

I'd like to know if it's possible to be a flight attendant at AirFrance for exemple, and live in another country like Korea, USA?

1 - I have been told that it is possible to be a Cabin Crew Member for a French company while living abroad. However, "the flight attendant remains based in Paris, and for each flight he has to return to CDG. Usually, Cabin Crew Members who live abroad work part time." Is it true?
On the internet I read that "part-time flight attendants do not exist." But some of them do some kind of alternate time? I'm not sure what that means either. XD
Are there part-time or remplacement flight attendants?
Or do you know any flight attendant that works for a european company and lives in another country?

2 - Also if I live abroad, does that mean I have to get a second job? Cause the european airplane compny will not provide me a working visa for staying in another country right? that would be weird :(

3 - What should I do if I want to be a flight attendant living abroad?
Is it the same procedure as a normal cabin crew member ?

Hope someone will be able to answer me, It would be so helpful for me :)
Or if you know where I can find these kind of informations?
Thanks in advance :p

I can suggest that while a F/A could perhaps live abroad the feasibility of it would be driven by the ability to control one's schedule at the airline. This takes a lot of seniority. If you're junior and on call rather than having trips assigned for a month in advance, living far away from your base would not be practical.

I think a most of your questions would depend on who you were working for. Some companies may help with a work visa, some likely would tell you good luck. France? Well, only if you are proficient in French. I'm serious about that one-I've listened to French Controllers working British Airways flights and could understand them perfectly but as soon as I check in with a US call sign their accent becomes nearly unintelligible!

Some would depend on what on-line travel you would have and if that company flew to where you wanted to live. I used to jumpseat from the tundra of Alaska to the Southeastern states-might as well be international for the distance and boy, that was a mess.

If you want to do the expat thing I'd say to go live in base.

But here's the bottom line...

With all of the flubug pan-dumbic driven, ever-changing bovine excrement regulations/dictates that may or may not be shaped by anything resembling science and the unending pandering of existential dread by certain political and media malefactors I wouldn't recommend becoming a FA for a domestic let alone foreign carrier right now because among other things God only knows where you might get quarantined!!!

How about the People's Republic of Covid for instance-you want to get quarantined there?

Just Sayin'

Now for the record I'm a freight dog and don't have to deal with passengers or FA's except when the company is moving me someplace and flying with passengers in the current environment is an experience that should be boosting Amtrack ridership exponentially because it absolutely sucks. Air travel, unless one can afford to call for the company jet of course, is an abomination and in any other situation would cause the perpetrators to be called up on war crime violations.

I will be on vacation shortly and you know what?

I'm driving!

Last edited:
Yep, I'll drive 10 hours to avoid flying one. Can't remember the last time I set foot in an airport.

Latest resources

Back