Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Can anyone end epic flight delays at NYC airports?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Statements from the FAA that have been published in news papers recently the problem is not with the airlines. It is those damn G/A aircraft! You know all those Cessna's that keep jamming up the airspace. Lets not even discuss the international playboys in their ultra expensive corporate jets.
That kind of head in the sand thinking is why the FAA is having such a hard time keeping things running.

Actually, those statements were by the AIRLINES, not the FAA. Blakey says what she must to get her $$$...but the official stats, available on the FAA website, state that airlines with the hub and spoke system are the larger delay cause.

NEDude said:
Imagine if the folks in HPN had the foresight to build their new terminal with four or five more gates.

Then that airport would be an even bigger clusterf*@k to operate in and out of than it already is. An already bad gate situation has got nothing but worse since Jetblue and AirTran are there.

I'm just waiting for some brain trust to propose airline service to MMU or TEB...although TEB would probably want to ban CRJs as Challengers have a habit of sliding off the runway there.

It occurs to me that a very expensive fix of LGA and JFK is the only real long term solution. Until you have more pavement, you can't increase capacity.

It's a lot easier to restrict aircraft than increase pavement. Limit LGA to 70 seats or greater and you've instantly increased capacity...

Then that airport would be an even bigger clusterf*@k to operate in and out of than it already is. An already bad gate situation has got nothing but worse since Jetblue and AirTran are there.

Four or five more gates would help greatly with the gate situation. That is point I was making. HPN is slot controlled (at least it used to be) and there was a reason I did not mention increasing flights there. More gates would greatly reduce the clusterf*** there.

I'm just waiting for some brain trust to propose airline service to MMU or TEB...although TEB would probably want to ban CRJs as Challengers have a habit of sliding off the runway there.

MMU is way too nice an airport to screw up by starting airline service there.

Improvements huh! I'd start by staffing the TRACON and tower facilities properly. Oh friends in the controller side are getting royal bent over by Marion and Hier Bush all in the desire to get them privatized. That alone has caused a significant uptick in delays. This summer will bring a meltdown that will look jetblue president's day weekend look like a cake walk

There really is no way to improve it, not until the ATC system is totally revamped. One of the biggest issues facing EWR is Teterboro, especially in IMC conditions. All flights landing and arriving from both airports have to be sequenced just so. . . combine that with the enourmous amount of traffic from each airport along with super close proximity to LGA and JFK.

I live in NY . . . if you drive the GW bridge it will take an hour during rush hour.

The cross-bronx during rush hour? Maybe 2.

The LIE to the Guwanus to the Verrazano to the Statan Island in rush hour? Maybe 3.

So if they have to sit on an airplane to go to NY during rush hour for 1 hour: BOO-HOO

Deal - it's NY.

How about a high-speed rail between JFK, LGA, and EWR. All international flights in and out of JFK, long-haul, major carriers, and corporate aircraft out of LGA, and everyone else out of EWR. Problem solved. NEXT?

It's tough being God's gift to aviation.

Shy

I like your idea. Not going to happen...but I like it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back