CAM certification through NBAA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GIVSP

My boss is making me jump through hoops, and this is the first hoop. Has anyone taken the test? Thoughts on if its worth the cost?

My boss is making me jump through hoops, and this is the first hoop. Has anyone taken the test? Thoughts on if its worth the cost?

Why is he making you become a "CAM"....:confused:

I do know a few people who have had to take the test a 2nd time. Of course. if it gets you a sig pay increase (?) I would take the time to do it.

BUT -- the real benefit is that you can put "Joe Pilot, CAM" as your signature. Now thats neat.

Thanks for the input. I am taking over for him when he retires soon. He's just one of those guys. The way I see it, it is another way for NBAA to make more $. Pretty expensive.

Thanks for the input. I am taking over for him when he retires soon. He's just one of those guys. The way I see it, it is another way for NBAA to make more $. Pretty expensive.

Maybe around $1500 with exam prep etc? - really not bad, especially if someone else is picking up the tab...

Most with a bit of experience and/or a few of their short courses (very easy) meet the testing requirements. I do think the exam was only given during the convention? or used to be...

Maybe put it on your "to do list" until he retires, then re-think it...lol.

good luck!!

Since I don't know you or your abilities, I can only guess that your boss may be challenging you to see if you can rise to the occasion. Its not an easy task, and the logic that its just a way for NBAA to make a buck could be used for any university degree or other formal title that must be earned. Many corporate flight departments are being run by non-aviators now, because a good pilot does not mean you would be a good manager. Budgets, planning and staffing are not the same as being a good stick.

The exam is given throughout the year at testing centers, and Embry Riddle has courses that can prepare you for some of the areas you may not have experience in. Also, to qualify for the exam, you must use a point system to tally your past experience and education. GOOD LUCK.

http://www.nbaa.org/prodev/cam/

Latest resources

Back