• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

CAL's new JS policy

Knob

Total Time
8000+
I jumped on CAL today and was surprised to have the gate agent check my ID's then hand me a confirmed seat in the back. Is it now up to the gate agents to decide who gets on the A/C, or is there some unseen comm. with the CA? While boarding the a/c, I stopped by the cockpit to introduce myself to the CA & FO and was welcomed aboard. It's great that CAL finally revised their JS policy to take unlimited JSers, but I personally like to meet any JSers flying on our a/c.

aa30

Total Time
>3500
I think now it is similar to SWA offline jumpseating. Still check in with the captain.

Tooslow

Total Time
Its been that way for atleast the last 19 months, if you request the JS and there are seats in back, you sit in back! CO has had unlimited JS for some time.

COEX-FO

Total Time
7000+
Tooslow said:
Its been that way for atleast the last 19 months, if you request the JS and there are seats in back, you sit in back! CO has had unlimited JS for some time.

That is not correct. Effective Oct 3, CAL now has unlimited JS. COEX has always had unlimited JS.

On CAL it's now done online via our internal reservation system. Off line still go to the gate and request the seat. You will be given a seat in JS priority order. I don't think you can call ahead just yet.