CAL's new JS policy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Knob

I jumped on CAL today and was surprised to have the gate agent check my ID's then hand me a confirmed seat in the back. Is it now up to the gate agents to decide who gets on the A/C, or is there some unseen comm. with the CA? While boarding the a/c, I stopped by the cockpit to introduce myself to the CA & FO and was welcomed aboard. It's great that CAL finally revised their JS policy to take unlimited JSers, but I personally like to meet any JSers flying on our a/c.

I think now it is similar to SWA offline jumpseating. Still check in with the captain.

Its been that way for atleast the last 19 months, if you request the JS and there are seats in back, you sit in back! CO has had unlimited JS for some time.

Tooslow said:
Its been that way for atleast the last 19 months, if you request the JS and there are seats in back, you sit in back! CO has had unlimited JS for some time.

That is not correct. Effective Oct 3, CAL now has unlimited JS. COEX has always had unlimited JS.

On CAL it's now done online via our internal reservation system. Off line still go to the gate and request the seat. You will be given a seat in JS priority order. I don't think you can call ahead just yet.

Latest resources

Back