• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Calling DX's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pro Sheffield here! True your company will show you the ropes but after basic indoc your on your own. There is no substitute for real world experience.

Last edited:
Talking with some higher up people, It looks like AMF is looking to upgrade it current Dispatchers to pt 121 and make it a Requriment for people applying.

Lets see whats happens.

So here’s the deal,

My other questions are; How’s the QOL at 121 Operators? Is it still connected to aviation? What I mean by that, you guys sit in a room with say 5-8 other dispatchers at a location that could be 20-100 miles from the airport. You get to see what’s on the screen. Myself I get to look out the window and watch go arounds, landings, smell the Jet fuel, mishaps etc. you get the idea. Yea I love aviation! I’m only 23 and have a whole lot of life ahead of me. I love challenges and consider my self a problem solver.

Sorry for the long Post, had to get it out there.

Must be nice to have a view. We sit in a hole without a view with about a dozen other dispatchers. It would definetely be a great asset to be able to see the going ons outside instead of relying on those wonderful metars to tell you whats up. Ya well what can you do. Atleast we are on the airport grounds.

Latest resources

Back