Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

acaTerry

SAPM
I can't seem to get the real word on this, can someone let me know? Is AWA accepting resumes? I've heard that resumes are OK but no applications. I've also heard that neither resumes nor applications are being accepted. What's really going on?

I am not a Cactus pilot but have a few pretty close ties there.......

The word from Tracy Takara (pilot recruitment) is the same as that on the hotline: "no resumes are being accepted at this time". That being said, myself, along with "many others" have succesfully landed our resumes on the top of Ms. Takara's desk in recent months.

The rumors are beginning to flow hard and fast: hiring will need to commenced VERY soon if AWA is going to stay on track for the planned growth and market expansion at the end of the year. This has been heard on the line as well as from management pilots speaking in recurrent classes.

On a final note, the last of the furloughed (recalled) pilots will be completing requal/recurrent in September-October.

Hey Pondscum,

If I mail a resume and cover letter care of mrs. Takara, do you think this would be the best way to get it to her ? Or does it need to be done in person. Thanks for any info in advance.

Squash

As far as going in person Im not sure it is possible to get in building with the new security measures-- Although Im not positive, but the doors were locked a couple of weeks ago.

Amer West Airlines
pilot recruitment- CH-EMP
4000 East Sky Harbor Boulevard
Phoenix, AZ 85034

Tomnsolo:

From what my sources say (pretty close to the horses mouth - so to speak), resumes are being mailed and faxed on a regular basis. Again, all of this in spite of the messages on the hotline to the contrary.

My opinion on this topic would be only that: my opinion. This is not official, but I would have my "stuff" in (regardless of the hotline) since AWA has announced expansion and there is a new rumor about 2 pilot classes before the end of the year. Naturally there are also those folks that have had their paperwork in / interviewed prior to September 11th that would most likely get the nod first, but again, this is all my opinion and observation.

Good luck! :cool:

Latest resources

Back