Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

DenverDude2002

Ramp Rat
Just wondering if anyones ever been to Calgary, from photos it looks like a nice town, just curious if anyones been there? What to see/do and what type of industries are there? Thinking bout going up there one of these days for vacation/relocation in the future

Make sure you get a cowboy hat.

You'll see what I mean when you get there. :)

We go there all the time. About every other week. It is an awesome city. Often referred to as Denvers sister city.
Calgary is very similar as in being on on the front range etc.. Way ahead of Denver in cleanliness, social problems etc. etc.
The energy business controls the main economy and sets the flow.
Yes cowboy hats are quite in vogue, more so during the Stampede which is like Frontier Days in CYS a virtual cowboy Mardi Gras.
Banff is an hour and a half by highway and a must do.

I was there for the first time two weeks ago. Went to the stampede, it was a good time. Wish we went there more often (this was the first trip to CYYC in company history), it would be a great place to spend some time. We were only there for 20 hrs. Beautiful city and great scenery.

Been there? Not only have I been there, I currently live there actually.

Any questions hit me up with a PM. I PM'd you my home and cell number should you want to go for a cold one and shoot the crap for a while.

Cheers.

Latest resources

Back