• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL VP of FLT OPS Fred Abbott Fires Shot - Hits Own Foot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Reading posts like this makes me yearn for the days when my airline was represented by ALPA.

PHXFLYR

Remember, the next time you are junior-manned, or you have your days off rolled to cope with our chronic understaffing, or you are treated disrespectfully by a gate agent or crew scheduler, or you are abused by an assistant chief pilot over something petty and inconsequential, that our management team are leaders in the area of employee relations.

and, after you remember the above, remain on scene and DEMAND some respect for yourself.

Recently, this pilot had a gate agent (in all of her 3 years of experience with CAL... my guess is the larger-than-normal walkie talkie and privilege of wearing plain clothes to work gave her a heightened sense of empowerment)´tell´me ´ok, pilot... get down there and get to work´ after showing her my ID. Seems the company had moved the departure time up by quite a bit and failed to notify me.

I stared the agent down, stopped and said, ´not until you say please....NICELY´

there was quite an awkward pause which turned into a few second delay... I folded my arms and did not blink.

She then mustered up all of her 3 years of company experience and said, ´sir, could you please help us out by getting your things ready to go up front?... we´re really trying to get this flight out on time´

I said, ´yes´and then walked at a safe speed down the jetway to... ´get to work´

FUPM

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

Latest resources

Back