cal/ual jcba no protection

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tie1on

After further review, I was unable to find any pilot protection from management moving equipment from one domicile to another after the merger has been approve. Not operational. please enlighten me. show me exactly in the jcba. I think management just pulled another end run on ALPA.

After further review, I was unable to find any pilot protection from management moving equipment from one domicile to another after the merger has been approve. Not operational. please enlighten me. show me exactly in the jcba. I think management just pulled another end run on ALPA.

Where do you have access to the JCBA proposals? Not all proposals have been passed across the table yet. Stop with the flame!

where did you do the review ? If I am not mistaken a JCBA is still being negotiated. or are you talking about something else?

or are you talking about the transition agreement? With regards to equipment, are you referring to aircraft or a belt loader ?

The outstanding sections that have not been passed to the Company are Compensation (Section 3), Duration (Section 25) which is tied to Compensation, Definitions (Section 2), and General (Section 21).

Have you reviewed the TP&A? There currently is no JCBA.

Section 4
Separation of Operations
directly addresses these concerns.

More Specifically:

4-B: Operations

4-D: Domiciles

I was unable to copy and paste them, otherwise I would have.

If you have not reviewed the TP&A it can be found on the CAL MEC website.

The TPA provides block hour protection for any shifting of flying 100% for the CAL side, 90% for the UAL side.

No new bases or equipment can be added in the "back yard" of existing bases with the exception of CAL LAX 737 or EWR 787.

You will most likely see UAL equipment on "CAL" routes and CAL equipment on "UAL" routes in a few months or so. (with the above mentioned block hour protections)
Now that the corporate merger is complete and the mgmt teams are allowed to share all data mgmt has said that equipment will be shifted to where it is most needed/efficient. Some talk about using CAL's "more efficient" aircraft to make better use of UAL's 5th freedom rights....etc.

Latest resources

Back