• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL/UAL announcement next week?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The A fund can't be taken away without a negotiation or bankruptcy. However as I understand it, the lump sum option could disappear. In past precedence, this fund would be transferred off the books to a third party administrator. Highly unlikely the lump sum feature would remain in place.

Nonsense, that fancy union lawyer group stated it could be negated IF there was a run on the bank, and not enough to go around. Meaning, if there's not enough cash there and you are the next in line, too bad for you. This is exactly what I though they would do. Either try (as you've said) to get us to vote it out, which I still see easily passing since PRATER split us down the center, or UNDERFUNDING IT, which is happening right now. It begins, they will keep underfunding it, until it gets so low, that anyone trying to retire will not have any. It's pathetic.

This is 100% attributed to Prater, and ALPA National. That idiot has done more to KILL this industry than any other, presidents, congress, all added together.

I personally think a UAUA/LCC combo is the most likely as there would be 'fat' that could be cut/divested. Unfortunately, that would likely be a very bad thing for us minions.

Something is up. Can't really believe it will be just a clear cut "merger" of UAL/CAL. I suspect we will all be surprised about what this merger/alliance(AMR) will really look like.

Boy oh boy I don't have a good feeling about doing anything with AMR. That whole TWA thing is hitting way too close to home. I hope that doesn't happen again.

Something is up. Can't really believe it will be just a clear cut "merger" of UAL/CAL. I suspect we will all be surprised about what this merger/alliance(AMR) will really look like.

No kidding somethings up. ALL these CEOs are in cahoots together. The PLAN is probably already formulated. We WILL be the LAST TO KNOW.

I can't think for the life of me what an 'Alliance" with CAL will look like. A Lufthansa pilot just told my wife on a flight that they are hearing a lot more about BA/AA. I think we will see mergers and alliances not just here but globally.

In the end there will be 5-6 GLOBAL airlines.

Times are a changing.

AA

scarab-d.jpg

Ya, Let the "Experts talk about the Merger, it's going to be ugly, but if we can all stay level, and not EXPECT a leapfrog, on our side or yours. And as the MC is working that out is say we cruise for the ladies at pier 66. I dig that thing. What graphics did you get?

that Scarab is for sale. Too bad they forked up the paint.

Boy oh boy I don't have a good feeling about doing anything with AMR. That whole TWA thing is hitting way too close to home. I hope that doesn't happen again.

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

History's funny like that.......

Nice to see we have people who are well read and have other things in their lives other than being the 'hero' pilot.

Read on Vne.

MSNBC says UAL/CAL by next week, United name stays with UAL Management gone!

USAirways is just a smoke screen....as well as CAL/AA.

Heard it on the tube so if MUST be true

Latest resources

Back