• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL To Sell 15 Aircraft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Uh, correct me if I'm wrong, but 33 (21 + 12) - 22 (3 + 12 + 7) = a net gain of 11 737s by end of 2008, not 14. Unless I'm missing something with your math above. :0

Yeah you're right, I had just come back from Paris and I was a little tired.

Funny. jb does this and its a bad thing.

Jetblue sells brand new, large aircraft and gets smaller aircraft that pay less. CAL is selling old, lower paying aircraft for brand new, higher paying aircraft.

That would equal 54.5% LNB, coincidence...I think not!

The current blend is 50/50%.

I thought as soon as it when above 50% LNB then we go to a 60/40 blend.

At least that's the way I'm reading the contract. That it adjusts rounded to the next HIGHEST 10%. I think I'm reading that right?

Unless of course there is some secret LOA giving relief. :puke:

Selling airplanes, the age 65 rule going into effect, mergers, high oil prices, more LCCs, contract negotiations, etc. Scary times for CAL right now.

Thank goodness there isn't a flowback anymore.

Selling airplanes, the age 65 rule going into effect, mergers, high oil prices, more LCCs, contract negotiations, etc. Scary times for CAL right now.

Thank goodness there isn't a flowback anymore.

New 737-800's. New 737-900ER's. New 787's. $200+ million dollar quarterly profits. Large amounts of pilot retirements (even with age 65). Profit sharing checks. New Contract/PBS changes. Captain upgrades less than 3 years.......Things are very scary here!

OK, we get your point things are not perfect here at CAL but name one airline job that is.

I'm sorry you did not get the job here, but seriously, why the bitterness and hostility?

Gee thanks. You sound like a real gentleman :rolleyes:

I am not going to comment on CAL much anymore. I think it is fairly obvious that the place sucks. And the crews keep getting screwed even more every day, without much hope things will ever get better.

When I heard that the Stivala guy, or whatever his name is decided to switch over to the company after being your head union negotiator, I actually felt bad for you guys.

I am so glad that I turned down that job offer, and you CAL guys can continue to bash me all you want for turning down the job. I really don't care anymore. I feel bad for you regardless of how you feel about me.

So much for not commenting on CAL anymore.

Jetblue sells brand new, large aircraft and gets smaller aircraft that pay less. CAL is selling old, lower paying aircraft for brand new, higher paying aircraft.

Got it. Thanks.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back