Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Great! There goes the neighborhood! :rolleyes:

I thought you were banned!

Nah!! Come on sweetie. I told the mod's all the garbage you spew is absolutely worthless and factless data and they couldn't have agreed more. They let me right back in! Great minds think alike (no no, not you).

New 737-800's. New 737-900ER's. New 787's. $200+ million dollar quarterly profits. Large amounts of pilot retirements (even with age 65). Profit sharing checks. New Contract/PBS changes. Captain upgrades less than 3 years.......Things are very scary here!

OK, we get your point things are not perfect here at CAL but name one airline job that is.

I'm sorry you did not get the job here, but seriously, why the bitterness and hostility?

Club - I appreciate your candidness with Pokey, however she'll never listen to factual data. She got burned in the past with CAL and she is so filled with hatred towards CAL, she's all emotion and no rationalization. Standard!! You telling her straight factual data is like talking to a wall. Things are going well with CAL. Everyone but Pokey realizes it. The 2nd quarter just posted a 288 million dollar profit, we've got multiple -800 and -900 brand new 73's on order and of course the 25 787's next year (as well as our contract re-neg's). Things are on the up and she totally missed the boat...and it burns her up inside to this very day. What does someone who's totally insecure do to cope? Crap on it - which is exactly what she does everytime.

The current blend is 50/50%.

I thought as soon as it when above 50% LNB then we go to a 60/40 blend.

At least that's the way I'm reading the contract. That it adjusts rounded to the next HIGHEST 10%. I think I'm reading that right?

Unless of course there is some secret LOA giving relief. :puke:

"The blended rate will be determined by multiplying the percentages of the higher-paying category aircraft in the Company's fleet of the combined aircraft types on the first day of the month in which the work is performed, rounded to the next highest ten percent (10%), times the higher rate, plus the remaining percent needed to equal one hundred percent (100%) times the lower rate."

Clear as mud...right? That's how I read it too. 50.1% = 60/40 blended rate.

Selling airplanes, the age 65 rule going into effect, mergers, high oil prices, more LCCs, contract negotiations, etc. Scary times for CAL right now.

Thank goodness there isn't a flowback anymore.

You better start applying quick then because you will want that number before all this stuff happens at once. Can you imagine being stuck for another 10 years waiting for all the airlines to start hiring again?

Oh wait, never mind.

Pocono,

We will get these airplanes we ordered. If we have to do anything to save money before we hang ourselves (cancel the orders that other airlines are waiting in line for) we will farm out your flying first. Maybe you can apply to SkyWagon.....

"The blended rate will be determined by multiplying the percentages of the higher-paying category aircraft in the Company's fleet of the combined aircraft types on the first day of the month in which the work is performed, rounded to the next highest ten percent (10%), times the higher rate, plus the remaining percent needed to equal one hundred percent (100%) times the lower rate."

Clear as mud...right? That's how I read it too. 50.1% = 60/40 blended rate.

Wow, Tommy S. must have overlooked this wonderful gem in our contract. Otherwise, I'm sure he would have made it so 49.9% LNB gives us a 40/60 blend.

Anybody do the math on what, if anything, it does for the blend?

The change in the blend from 50/50 to 60/40 makes for about a 1% raise for the reserve pilots.

Pocono Pilot said:
....Thank goodness there isn't a flowback anymore.

And in your case thank "goodness" there isn't a flow thru either.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back