CAL to recall pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Richard,
I'm sorry that your class of furloughs were not given the choice to COLA since later classes did. As for express, we were always told that "oh ya we expect everyone to want to come back." However, due to the treatment of the pilots at the initial furlough, being furloughed for almost three years, to return to first year FO pay at the bottom of a senirity list with almost 2500 pilots, only 1/3 of all those called have chosen to return. Rumor has it that now that CAL is recalling, express is once again behind the power curve on staffing for next summer and a master warning WNSHR alert is going off in the back ground. We're going to have to start hiring fresh off the street fast, and we don't even have a HR department anymore to accept applications.
While I'm sorry how thing turned out, I hope that CAL recalls quickly so that you can return to that air soon.
Frats,
Jason

ERJ - Jay said:
Richard,
I'm sorry that your class of furloughs were not given the choice to COLA since later classes did.

I'm pretty sure the only pilots offered a COLA from CAL were the ones able to flowback. Since I couldn't flowback due to senority, I wasn't offered a COLA. No one junior to me was offered a COLA either.

COLA's were a pretty good deal if you had some type of employment outside of Continental.

That's really good news.

How many CAL pilots are currently furloughed?
And for the next couple of years, what do the retirement numbers look like?

Thanks.

(too lazy to do a search)

ADG said:
How many CAL pilots are currently furloughed?
And for the next couple of years, what do the retirement numbers look like?

There were around 694 CAL furloughs.

The up and coming retirements are as follows:
'04 - 95
'05 - 151
'06 - 244
'07 - 305
'08 - 240
'09 - 211
'10 - 201
'11 - 207
'12 - 210
'13 - 186