• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL to furlough

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some guys don't like the age 65 rule....some guys do.

If you don't...then whining on FI won't help anything....whining in the cockpit, won't help anything...whining at the bar, won't help anything.

Wanna change the ruling? Go see your congressman and your senators. Thats where the pro-age 65 guys started. And, after 16 ( or more) years of work, they got the change.

Remember, the age did change to age 60 at one time. It's been done once...it can be done again.

You've got the blueprint already...Oh, but that would mean work....extra work....lots of it.

Thats right...it's much, much better to just complain and whine on FI.com

Nope, that's how seniority works. I don't agree that 1st year pay is as lousy as it is, but unless you want to trash seniority and replace it with alphabetical or ranking by height, that's the risk that comes with juniority.

Why not offer benefits that accrue with seniority rather than making the job progressively worse so that those at the bottom can feel better. Does Aeroflot use a system like that? Is Hugo Chavez your MEC Chairman?

Whoa!!

I was all about seniority/juniority. Then the ladder got hauled up outside the CBA process just like a broken strike. Making you: a replacement worker!

Seniority ALSO means: you quit when you've taken your turn. You will learn that lesson soon enough when contracts get re-written to the benefit of the more junior and marginalized.

Some guys don't like the age 65 rule....some guys do.

If you don't...then whining on FI won't help anything....whining in the cockpit, won't help anything...whining at the bar, won't help anything.

Wanna change the ruling? Go see your congressman and your senators. Thats where the pro-age 65 guys started. And, after 16 ( or more) years of work, they got the change.

Remember, the age did change to age 60 at one time. It's been done once...it can be done again.

You've got the blueprint already...Oh, but that would mean work....extra work....lots of it.

Thats right...it's much, much better to just complain and whine on FI.com

Lot's of work IS being done. Like you said: It takes a long time.

Of course, if it took twice as long to balance this out as it did to change it, that would still be a much shorter wait than the time it would take for you to show an ounce of concern for your fellow pilot!

You WILL be done flying some day; we all will. YOU will ALWAYS be remembered as the worst generation of pilots that ever did this job.

Lot's of work IS being done. Like you said: It takes a long time.

Of course, if it took twice as long to balance this out as it did to change it, that would still be a much shorter wait than the time it would take for you to show an ounce of concern for your fellow pilot!

You WILL be done flying some day; we all will. YOU will ALWAYS be remembered as the worst generation of pilots that ever did this job.

They'll also be known as pathetic, short-sighted losers who made everyone work an additional 5 years for free.

Not to mention causing general downward pressure on wages.

Last edited:
Nope, that's how seniority works. I don't agree that 1st year pay is as lousy as it is, but unless you want to trash seniority and replace it with alphabetical or ranking by height, that's the risk that comes with juniority.

Why not offer benefits that accrue with seniority rather than making the job progressively worse so that those at the bottom can feel better. Does Aeroflot use a system like that? Is Hugo Chavez your MEC Chairman?

Ok. You revealed in an earlier post that you feel the company would benefit from not having to do extra training. So your concern for the company(s) is apparant. Why don't we let the company decide who stays? Who do you think that would be?

Even CAL mgt can see that things have gotten out of control. The bottom half of the list can't make 50% of what the top guys are going to get. It's bad employment policy that even they aren't comfortable with.

you can extend a hand to help out or not. However, the next time a vote takes place to save an A plan?? Well, take a guess.

Getting rid of the old guys will be very easy. Its simple. Work with the company on the A fund. Make it known you could care less if the A fund is gone. No lump sums, no more A fund. The company would love to get pilots on board and the geezers simply don't have the numbers to stop it. I have an idea, B fund at 18%, no A fund.......................works for me.

I love it when you young studs bitch about Age 65.

Sorry, if you think you have a right to my left seat.

You don't.

Get over yourselves.

Gear up!

And what make YOU think YOU have the right to "your" left seat? Flying as Captain is a privilege and an honor, not a right. Surprised you made it thru upgrade with your attitude.

What an ass

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back