CAL System Bid (ORD, DEN bases)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

145BOSS

The new Continental system bid was published. It establishes 737 bases in ORD and DEN. 243 total vacancies.

Saw where it said we will be hiring.....Does that mean off the street hiring or recalling more United pilots?

Saw where it said we will be hiring.....Does that mean off the street hiring or recalling more United pilots?

There are only a bit more than 300 UAL furloughees that haven't been offered a job yet. That will likely yield less than 80 pilots.
LCAL will be at the fltops job fair in Vegas. http://www.fltops.com/jobs/

Between LCAL and LUAL, there are 450+ mandatory age 65 retirements/yr for many years to come.

Off the street. They've gone through over 1000 forloughs and got less than 200. They'll go through the remaining 500 and likely get less than 100.

We should congratulate ourselves. We have given the company exactly what they wanted/needed to continue on with absolutley no reason to come back and negotiate with us. Well done UAL/CAL ALPA.

We should congratulate ourselves. We have given the company exactly what they wanted/needed to continue on with absolutley no reason to come back and negotiate with us. Well done UAL/CAL ALPA.

How do you know? What if they planned on 400 LCAL vacancies if there was no TPA extension? They could have shifted the mainline flying from LUAL to LCAL with no restrictions other than regional flying. But they could have shifted some 50 seat LUAL regional flying to LCAL to fix that issue.

How do you know? What if they planned on 400 LCAL vacancies if there was no TPA extension? They could have shifted the mainline flying from LUAL to LCAL with no restrictions other than regional flying. But they could have shifted some 50 seat LUAL regional flying to LCAL to fix that issue.

I'm having problems following your logic but it's probably me. I just feel that if the company agrees to it it's in their favor. I would like to give them nothing until we have a joint contract. Joint contract means we no longer need a TPA at all, obviously.

I think Andy is right. What I was told, is that Jeff Jung Il was planning to fully exploit the expiring portions of the agreement, but backed off when his fartcatchers told him that would be going too far. However, Eaglesview you are correct too. We should have never agreed to the first T&PA agreement terms in the first place! We should have had the DOJ hold the approval up til we had a contract.

I'm having problems following your logic but it's probably me. I just feel that if the company agrees to it it's in their favor. I would like to give them nothing until we have a joint contract. Joint contract means we no longer need a TPA at all, obviously.

Sorry about that; I guess I was a bit abstract.
The extension restricts the company from massively shifting flying from LUAL to LCAL. Without the extension, they could accelerate LUAL 757 retirements while at the same time delay LCAL 737 retirements.
The outcome could have been very ugly without the extension.

I disagree that the company only agrees to things that are completely favorable for them, but that's just my opinion.

Latest resources

Back