CAL Sim Prep

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

justin15e

Does anyone know of a good place to do sim prep for an interview at CAL? I got an interview and I signed up for Newark, but I can't seem to find a place to do the 737 prep for the CAL interview in New Jersey... Does such a place exist, and is it worth it, or should I attempt to reschedule for Houston where I think there are some nearby sim places.

Any Suggestions?

If you do the interview in EWR, you will be doing the HR portion of the 2 part interview. If you are sucessful with it, they will call and invite you to do the sim in Houston. As far as sim prep goes, CPT does a good job, and you will work on the profile with an ex CAL pilot. www.crewpilottraining.com

So, is it possible to knock out the interview and simulator all at once(HR one day, simulator next day), or will I have to make two trips even if I request to do the simulator in Houston?

If you choose Houston to interview, you will do both parts in the same day.

If you scedule your interview for Houston you will do both the HR and Sim eval on the same day. If your interview is in any other city besides Houston, it is a 2 day process since the sim eval will only be conducted in Houston. Ideally you would be able to schedule your sim prep the day prior to your sim eval in Houston if that is where you find your practice sim to be.

I wouldn't worry about a sim prep with CAL. They will pretty much hire anybody now, from what I have been told. Aparently the QoL is pretty lacking there now.

Good luck, but you probably won't need it. They need warm bodies.

Latest resources

Back