CAL Profit Sharing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

densoo

How much "good news" are we talking about?

Looking to next week, we expect to tell you some good news about profit sharing for 2007 and what to expect next February 14. -- Larry Kellner's, Dec 7, 2007 voicemail

Last year we (fo's) received 7.8% of your W2 earnings, which you can find on the bottom left column of your check.

Last year we had $111M to dole out and I believe we have $159M ending the 3rd quarter. The range I have heard from "reliable" sources is 1 1/2 month's gross salary. Not exactly what that percentage equates to but it should be better than last year.

Hopefully we might add some to the pool from the 4th quarter as well.

So year one pilots can get 7.8% of $28,000? If they flew 1000 hours, they could get 7.8% of $30,000. How generous of them...

So year one pilots can get 7.8% of $28,000? If they flew 1000 hours, they could get 7.8% of $30,000. How generous of them...

It will be less than that unless you started the first week of January. I started in March so mine will be figured only on about 10 months of first year pay.

Yeah, sure it's bs but what major does start you out on a decent wage? Come on. Ya' either suck it up for that first year and make the jump or you wonder for the rest of your career if playing it safe was the right way to go.

I only did $35,000 my first year (no reason to work hard at such a joke of an hourly rate), a couple of months of which was on second yr pay. This year, what I consider my 2nd full year, I'll do a little North of $95,000, not including per diem, which would be another $6,000+ (I don't count per diem). Yes, a couple of months of that is based on 3rd year pay but I was also on reserve for the first 5 months of the year so it was just min guarantee then while my buds on other subbases were flying 90+ hrs.

The point is, once you get past that first year, the pay gets better. Still not as good as it could and should be. But certainly enough to justify the move from my previous airline.

I remember when debating whether to leave the comfort of an RJ job for CAL, many guys talked themselves out of it saying things like, "It will take 8 years to break even". What they didn't consider was that they were basing that $ calculation on the worse case scenario. Fortunately, for us, CAL decided to grow and we slotted in during one of the better times.

It's the least they could do after not paying insurance bennies for the new hires.

A few hundred bucks after taxes... Nice.

Not! LOL

This year, what I consider my 2nd full year, I'll do a little North of $95,000, not including per diem, which would be another $6,000+ (I don't count per diem).

Im not sure how you did $95,000 second year. If your 756 blended rate was around $70/hr
$70(100 hours) = $7000

$7000(12 months)= $84000

Even if you flew the 767 and averaged 95 hours a month, it would only come out to $83,220. You said part of the year was on min-guarantee.

If you flew nothing but 767 and averaged 95 hours a month on 3rd year pay, your yearly would bearly top $98,000

It's the least they could do after not paying insurance bennies for the new hires.

Not! LOL

A few hundred bucks after taxes, huh I don't think so! Just on-time bonus checks alone this year has been more than a couple hundred of dollars. Anyone have an exact dollar amount?

Last Feb I received a profit sharing check for about 1800 dollars, this is net after taxes. I was hired in 2005.

You can rag on CAL all you want but I am going to receive a very nice paycheck next Feb and I assure you it will not be a couple of hundred bucks.

Not! LOL

How much will your profit sharing check be this year? Wait...I can imagine a number..it is getting clearer...wait..I can see it now, coming into view..it is like your chances of ever getting hired anywhere.

ZERO

Latest resources

Back