• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Poolie email rumor?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On a different note, I flew with a Captain last week that had nothing but bad to say. Said that we could have a TA in 15 minutes if we would just extend POS 02!

Of course we would have a ta in 15mins if we agreed to continue under this current...WTF?!! What was his point? Was the guy that brain dead? Each day that goes by the more concessionary this contract is.

Last December I had AJ not once, but twice on the jump seat in a week! Going out on a Monday and then back again on a Friday~ My luck... lol

As it turns out, on the first flight we chatted and turns out we were in the same guard unit, at the same time. Him a pilot, me a crew chief.. but we flew a mission together.
Anyhooters-
He commented that we could have avoided the furloughs if the union had agreed to the JrV LOA.. I countered with the fact that the LOA had ALOT of holes in it~ And we both agreed to not chat about it. Good call.
But he did mention that while we wanted to get those triple 7's that China Southern had, they wanted to much $ and there were serious issues with the paper trail on those aircraft. We all agreed that we needed more widebodies.

Here it comes...
He mentioned that we would probably be seeing an INCREASE in flying the next fall! And that it would also coincide with the deliveries of the 757-3's.

Therefor, in my opinion.. I would expect our guys (and gals) back by the fall, if not a few months sooner. Would have loved to have them back by now, or at least for the summer.. but I think this is just a game the company is playing...

I have also heard that the training department was planning a busy schedule for the fall. Put 2 and 2 together and you get 4.. unless of course you went to Airline Management School... lol

Hang in there people~
Always
motch

He commented that we could have avoided the furloughs if the union had agreed to the JrV LOA.. I c

So if we agree to allow other airlines fly our routes for us we can avoid staffing reductions? I love the mgmt logic.

PRS

Managements greatest fear is an educated pilot.
Sure, we can all fly planes and are a fairly educated bunch to begin with.. but the problem is, for the most part- we love what we do~
This sometimes clouds our other common senses and our ability to look long term.

Right now, (IMO) CAL Management is probably worried because we now have leadership in EWR that is EDUCATING and COMMUNICATING to its pilot group! JTK rock!

When I first heard about the JrV LOA, I was pretty excited. Once I actually saw the paperwork and all the loopholes, my excitement turned to sadness and disgust. But our union stopped the process in its tracks thereby actually saving CAL pilot jobs.

There is no doubt in my mind that had we signed this agreement, we would have seen the eventual loss of some of our flying to not only UAL, but any other carriers that might join the (Death) Star Alliance...

Stay informed, have an open mind and remember, Management has the job to get us to work for the minimum while reaping the profits from our stupidity!

Always
Motch

I'm furloughed and I'd rather be on the street than have that LOA hanging over our head. There was just no way we could allow that.

.. but the problem is, for the most part- we love what we do~

Motch

There is a cure for this problem Motch...it's called fly under POS '02!

BTW Rolling days off in IAH today - WEDNESDAY!!! Even the schedulers say they are dreading this summer.

As of today it is still my personal opinion based on all the information I know that I still believe our furloughed pilots will be recalled in the late Summer early Fall time frame with some new hires to follow.
I hope you guys hire soon as I have a good buddy who is in the bottom 10 over there who is about to buy a house and could use a few more pilots behind him.

However, yesterday Continental (the only airline that reports monthly RASM performance estimates with their load factor reports) reported systemwide March RASM to be down about 20% and Cargo revenues to be about 21% compared with March 2008. Considering the amount of capacity Continental has already pulled down, those numbers seem pretty bad, and the economy is still shedding 700,000 private sector jobs a month. Delta has already announced due to the weak international market, they will be reducing international ASM another 10-12% after Labor Day. Do you think that Continental will not be affected as much as Delta?

Latest resources

Back