CAL PILOTS Please Help out Our 147 furloughed Pilots This Holiday Season

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

CAL EWR B737

From CAL FORUMS. Within 24 hours we were able to raise enough money for a $25 Visa check card for all of our CAL 147 furloughed brothers and sisters. Fellow CAL pilots please help out we are attempting to at least double that number.

HELP-A-PILOT Needs Secret Santas
HELP-A-PILOT Needs Secret Santas!

Times are tough. The economy is in a downward spiral. For those on furlough, this Christmas may be lean. In an effort to ensure that each of our furloughed pilots have at least enough to provide a Christmas dinner, we are starting a fund drive. Our goal is to raise enough to present every furloughed pilot with a $25 Visa Check Card to pay for their family’s Christmas dinner (or gifts for their kids. There’s nothing worse than a Christmas morning without a visit from Santa!) And, you can rest assured that if we raise even one dollar more, every penny will be equally divided amongst the 147. Please help support Kari Degurse’s great idea and pet project to show our furloughed pilots and their families that they are not forgotten. Please give what you can. If we can get $12.50 from 300 pilots we will have met our goal. Anything else would be very generous. Thanks and Merry Christmas to all….

Donations can be made to PAYPAL AT: www.paypal.com then enter: [email protected]

Donations can also be made at any Chartway Credit Union, Account Number: 98884880 Thank you for your consideration. Also, thanks to Mark Benton for approving this fund drive. If you are a furloughee mentor, please let us know if your family is in extra-special need. We have one of the most generous pilot groups out there. We’ll figure out something!

Fraternally, Sherry Q.

Two of the three CAL pilots I know that got furloughed are making 18 gazillion times the money they made on 1st yr pay at CAL -- all by going back on active duty.

Now they make 1.5 times what I make on 4th yr pay at JB.

Can I have their cards since they are, ahem, doing so well?

I keed, I keed.

It's good to hear y'all remember the hostages.

It’s great to see the Christmas spirit is still alive. The Airtran pilot group has already managed to raise almost $11,000 for their 169 + 2 furloughed brothers and sisters. Hopefully CAL be able to do the same to bring some joy to a sad time for many of us.

:beer:

As a furloughed CAL guy still looking for a job, I very much appreciate the message behind these efforts. I will now forever be a part of the "furlough club" and will always be willing to help out a fellow furloughed pilot, as I now know how $hitty it feels! Thanks again guys!

Our new goal is to raise $14,700 so we can get at least $100 to each of our 147 furloughed pilots. Be sure to pass the word around to the guys on the line as this has only been advertised on calforums and this website. I think we are getting approval to post something in the crew room and weather rooms.

Latest resources

Back