CAL paperwork

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

puddlejumper101

I have a possible CAL interview coming up...other than the obvious logbooks and resumes, what other paperwork have they been asking for? I know human resources is pretty good about telling people that but just wanted to jump the gun if college transcripts and birth certificates were required. Quite a few of you guys here have been through the process and would love the feedback. thanks a million in advance

They never asked me for a resume, but I did have to produce college transcripts and logbooks. You'll get a detailed e-mail and plenty of time. They're great with the whole process. Very laid back and friendly throughout. Also, if they hire you, they don't make you wait. You get called the next day. Best of luck to ya.

One thing they wanted took a little leg work to get. They want the long form from your last FAA 1st class medical. (the form you fill out in the doctor's lounge while waiting, that he puts all the vital stats on.) If you didn't save a copy, you can go ask the AME, however mine wouldn't release it to me, so I had to call OK city to have them mail me a copy.

Other than that just your standard log book, medical, license (drivers and pilots), passport, college transcripts.

Good luck

For your logbook, did any of you guys use a bound printout from a computer logbook program or were they normal pen-and-ink logbooks?

I maintain both but the computer version definitely looks "cleaner" and there are no math errors in it.

I brought in my stack 'o books, but I don't think they would care what format you have them in. One guy will be reviewing it while the other two ask questions. When the interviewer who's reviewing your logbook sees something interesting, he'll ask you about it. For instance, he noticed that I was a cfi and asked how I would conduct a lesson for someone who has never flown before.

Captain X said:
For your logbook, did any of you guys use a bound printout from a computer logbook program or were they normal pen-and-ink logbooks?

I maintain both but the computer version definitely looks "cleaner" and there are no math errors in it.

I brought my computer logbook in and they did not have a problem with it. I have it in Excel, I printed it out and I took it to Kinko's and had it bound. My wife did a nice cover page in Powerpoint for it... They seemed to be impressed with it. I only kept the last 5 years on computer, so I brought my old messy logbooks with me for the previous time... He looked through all of them and then asked me specifically about a flight about 8 years ago I had in a T210. I wrote i the remarks section that was the first time I got to say Flight Level for real..hehe We were at FL210 on the oxygen..

HTH..

Latest resources

Back