• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

dash8driver64

how many hrs 121 average?
pic average?
experience overall?
Whats competitive amongst your new hire peers?
Is there a "snowball's chance in hell" of getting an interview w/ little or no PIC even with rec letters (4)?

pic average?
experience overall?
Is there a "snowball's chance in hell" of getting an interview w/ little or no PIC even with rec letters (4)?

You're in, at least for a call...no 121 PIC req'd with recs...numerous XJT FOs have come to CAL with their last PIC being logged in the right seat of a 172! The internal recs will help you out, give it a couple of months for a call. Good luck.

The fo's that came over were interns or had serious conections. Most people will have 5-7k of flight time and at least 1000 121 PIC. If you know the right person you could get an interview with 1500 TT.

I interviewed with 2 xjt fo's who both got hired and they weren't interns. I also have heard of an fo from great lakes and know a few from Mesa that have been hired. I had about 4K total, 800ish 121 pic when I got the call with 2 internal recs, Good Luck!!

pic average?
experience overall?

0 years 121
approx 1000 hours turbine PIC (T-37/38, F-15, F-16), approx 1600 hours total PIC (civilian bugsmasher stuff included)
1 internal rec who talked to the chief pilot for me (756 FO at EWR) as well as about 5 other letter's of rec from sq/cc, og/cc, etc...

Good luck!!

Over 5K total, almost 4K jet, over 1500 PIC Jet, two types, 7 internal recs, three different guys talk to 3 different CP's, applied over 1.4 yrs ago, never been in trouble, NO CALL! I have never heard a word and have flown with two FO's here at XJT with no ATP, PIC or any real experience, both flying across the pond at CAL. You got me. ................

Over 5K total, almost 4K jet, over 1500 PIC Jet, two types, 7 internal recs, three different guys talk to 3 different CP's, applied over 1.4 yrs ago, never been in trouble, NO CALL! I have never heard a word and have flown with two FO's here at XJT with no ATP, PIC or any real experience, both flying across the pond at CAL. You got me. ................

Have your CAL contacts talked to the CP's lately or was it over a year ago when you initally applied? Maybe a quick check up with them face to face now with the CP's would pay dividends. Just a quick thought...

Have your CAL contacts talked to the CP's lately or was it over a year ago when you initally applied? Maybe a quick check up with them face to face now with the CP's would pay dividends. Just a quick thought...

One spoke to the CLE CP last week. Still keeping the faith but its hard when my instrument student spent 8 months pulling gear here at XJT and now sits in the right seat of the 75 with 2600 hrs total. Know what I mean.

I have 2 737 cpts face to face with cp in IAH. Just hoping for an opportunity to interview. Just very bad luck not being able to get PIC cuz of furloughs(3)/bankrupcies. 7yrs and 6000 hrs 121 with little hope of upgrade in the near future. currently at ASA playing the whipsaw game once again.

I have 5300TT, 2000 Turbine (King Air) PIC, but all Part 135. Also, an internal rec from a new hire. Any chance for me at CAL? Any suggestions?

Latest resources

Back