• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL "New Crew Bases""

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What are you CAL guys hearing about a future merger?

Sorry to hear about your ALPA reps pigging out on the flight pay loss! That is friggin not right, but I am sure it happens elsewhere.

FutureTEDpilot said:
What are you CAL guys hearing about a future merger?

Every time we meet a United crew somwhere we're told that Uni-Cal is the inevitable future. Apparently that rumor is all the rage at United.

Everybody is waiting for someone to make a move. If DAL & NWA start talking we'll all be scrambling for dance partners and Uni (no Ted :D ) will be looking awfully pretty to us.

SuperFLUF said:
Every time we meet a United crew somwhere we're told that Uni-Cal is the inevitable future. Apparently that rumor is all the rage at United.

Everybody is waiting for someone to make a move. If DAL & NWA start talking we'll all be scrambling for dance partners.

A lot of talk is going around UAL-CAL or CAL-UAL, probably work out better than the fun of the 2000 talk about USAir, I think UAL And CAL would fit nicely. I am sure if it ever gets past the rumor stage, we will have some heated discussions :}

FutureTEDpilot said:
......... I think UAL And CAL would fit nicely. I am sure if it ever gets past the rumor stage, we will have some heated discussions :}

That about sums it up right there. The good, the bad and the ugly.

It would be a great combination but, dam I don't wanna even think about what kind of a mess the list merger would be. That's why the senior CAL guys don't even want to think about it. Our seniority list is such a convoluted mess from the strike and past 4 (?) mergers.......

SuperFLUF said:
That about sums it up right there. The good, the bad and the ugly.

It would be a great combination but, dam I don't wanna even think about what kind of a mess the list merger would be. That's why the senior CAL guys don't even want to think about it. Our seniority list is such a convoluted mess from the strike and past 4 (?) mergers.......

We got our "groups" too!

CAL EWR B737 said:
I never called it a federal misdemeanor. What they did is against the law as interpreted by the Department of Labor. Call it what you want but it is against the law. Unfortunately it looks as though their only penalty will only to pay back what they unlawfully took and hopefully lose their union positions.

And I never said you said... My point was that when you break a federal law that it is by definition a felony. Thus those who do it are felons. If a federal agency is involved, they are obviously not looking at state laws. In any event strong union leadership is what we all need right now.

Latest resources

Back