CAL MEC: 60 per month

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

densoo

"Here at Continental things, at least comparatively speaking, are much better than at our competitors. The company continues its growth strategy (5-plus percent per year) to lower unit costs and increase revenue. This strategy was one of the many factors weighed in exchange for our investment. We have recalled all of our pilots and are hiring pilots off-the-street at a rate of over 60 per month, an astonishing claim that no other legacy carrier can make." --CAL ALPA

densoo said:
"Here at Continental things, at least comparatively speaking, are much better than at our competitors. The company continues its growth strategy (5-plus percent per year) to lower unit costs and increase revenue. This strategy was one of the many factors weighed in exchange for our investment. We have recalled all of our pilots and are hiring pilots off-the-street at a rate of over 60 per month, an astonishing claim that no other legacy carrier can make." --CAL ALPA

I wouldn't want to screw up that interview!

On edit: Anyone know what kind of percentage of interviewed get the job offer? I know southwest is kind of low and jb seems fairly high. What about CAL?

densoo said:
Where do you think that the newhires will be on the senority list after CAL merges with another airline. Maybe DAL, NW or UAL. I think that there are about 1900 furloughed pilots from UAL on the street with hire dates going back to 1999.

stillflyn said:
Where do you think that the newhires will be on the senority list after CAL merges with another airline. Maybe DAL, NW or UAL. I think that there are about 1900 furloughed pilots from UAL on the street with hire dates going back to 1999.

So what are you saying the pilots in the USA should do? Throw out their apps to CO, forget flying at any airline other than JB, because it looks like they won't be bought by anyone right now?

No really, please expand on what people should do who want a airline job?

stillflyn said:

If you are actively flying at CAL vs a furloughed DL, NW or UAL pilot, I like your chances.

COpilot said:
So what are you saying the pilots in the USA should do? Throw out their apps to CO, forget flying at any airline other than JB, because it looks like they won't be bought by anyone right now?

No really, please expand on what people should do who want a airline job?

Don't get bent out of shape... I was just asking a question. Anyone who wants a job at CAL should apply. Do you think that the same thing that is happing at USair and AW will happen at CAL? Just asking man?

Stillflyn

I don't see the strong carriers merging with the one's whose demise are imminent, unless it was an AA/TWA type arrangement where one's liquidation added to the other's strength. Anyone who would merge with DAL/NWA/UAL would be bringing themselves down. In the AWA/USAir merger there are two troubled carriers who want to try to shore each other up, who knows if it will work.

CAL, AAL, etc would do better to wait and see if the others die off or turn things around, before they persue mergers.

wms said:
In the AWA/USAir merger there are two troubled carriers who want to try to shore each other up, who knows if it will work.

AWA troubled?? Uhh...last I checked we've been doing just fine, even before this marriage.

JetMonkey said:
AWA troubled?? Uhh...last I checked we've been doing just fine, even before this marriage.

Not to rain on your parade there..

But to say AWA was doing "just fine" is somewhat of a delusion.

AWA was improving better than others....
But "just fine"?

I don't think anyone out there now or then is doing just fine...
(Maybe SWA but only for those incredible fuel hedges)

densoo said:

It will be great when we merge. Keep hiring CAL, keep hiring.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back