• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Ex737Driver

Contract 2020????
To: All Pilots

The purpose of this bulletin is to notify you of a temporary limitation concerning Continental’s CASS capability and our ability to allow personnel from other airlines (OAL) access to our flight deck jumpseat.

Beginning Friday, September 29, TSA will require that gate agents be able to view a digital I.D. photo of an OAL employee before allowing that employee access to the flight deck jumpseat. The digital photo must be electronically provided by the CASS system to the gate agent’s computer monitor. That digital I.D. image is provided by the OAL employee’s airline. Gate agents are required by the TSA to use that digital image as part of the authentication process to determine the OAL employee’s identity, employment status and authority to use a flight deck jumpseat.

Continental Airlines is currently unable to provide the digital image provided by other airlines’ CASS systems to our gate agents. Continental is in the process of upgrading gate agent computer capabilities to systems that, in the near future, will be able to display the digital image. Continental is also developing the programming processes necessary to assure all TSA security requirements are completed for all personnel that are granted jumpseat access, including the digital image requirement.

Continental personnel should understand that Continental’s CASS system does have the capability to provide a digital image of our jumpseat authorized employees to another airline when the Continental employee requests jumpseat access at another airline that participates in the CASS system.

In the interim, pilots should understand that beginning Friday, September 29 at 1600 CT, Continental’s automated jumpseat program will not permit employees from other airlines access to our flight deck jumpseat but will still permit these employees access to available cabin seats.
Note: Jumpseat authorized personnel from Continental code share partners including; ExpressJet, CommutAir, Gulfstream and Colgan may continue to have access to the flight deck jumpseat when no cabin seat is available. TSA security directives permit code share partner authorized employees flight deck jumpseat access when the employee’s employment status and authority to use the jumpseat have been electronically verified. Continental’s automated jumpseat program accomplishes this requirement for code share partners.

Please insist upon obtaining a computer-printed Jumpseat Authorization Form from any individual requesting flight deck jumpseat access, and adhere to the instructions on that form regarding the eligibility of that individual to occupy the flight deck jumpseat. You should rely upon the computer program to ensure compliance with any TSA directive in place at the time.

guess they have to upgrade the old 'green screen' Sonic computers. seems odd that the newer systems wouldn't be capable already. i can understand the Sonic systems being restricted, but why penalize the entire system? odd - to say the least.

also i think that the jumpseat chair position is in a transition phase over to a new, yet familiar face. hopefully she will tackle the problem like she always has.

also i think that the jumpseat chair position is in a transition phase over to a new, yet familiar face. hopefully she will tackle the problem like she always has.

Jill coming back?

i thought they could be granted an extension if they had the old monitors. us airways got an extension.

What a ********************ing waste. The TSA sucks the sweat off of a cows balls. CASS is a god damn joke just like TSA, what a waste of money.

What a ********************ing waste. The TSA sucks the sweat off of a cows balls. CASS is a god dang joke just like TSA, what a waste of money.

The TSA is not to blame here. Continental knew that this requirement was coming for years as did all the other airlines. Nearly everyone got it done.

The TSA is not to blame here. Continental knew that this requirement was coming for years as did all the other airlines. Nearly everyone got it done.

You are correct. I think some of the carriers thought they would just get an extension and not have to pony up the extra money to comply for another year or more.

Where I'm from, cows don't have balls.

PunchtheClown is a very confused person. I am sure he was all for having Federalized Airport Security Screeners after 9/11. Hell, all liberals were telling us that they HAD to be Federal Government Workers for airport security to be effective. :rolleyes:

Now he complains about how inept they are.

Latest resources

Back