• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Keeps it's Logo!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I just saw the interview on CNBC and I gotta say that I think this is a bad idea. Pick one brand or the other and go with it. The United Tulip is an iconic insignia that is known and been associated with United Airlines Worldwide for almost 40 years now. The Continental Globe while also a great logo is associated with the Continental name and brand. I think trying to just put United on the Continental paintjob is going to confuse more passengers than they think. If they wanted to keep the globe, then why not just go with the Continental name then.

Great! I had just bought new shirts last month I'll get to keep. It is nice not having the metal wings poke you. (I like the embroidered ones)

But seriously, I'm sorry to be all "cum bi ya" (sp) on this and last nights other thread. But I can see these people putting some thinking into a little thing like the paint job. Sure there might be a money reason; but this is a symbolic message to employees and customers alike that this is a merger. I understand that UA shareholders will now hold 55% vs CO shareholders at 45%, but that sounds pertty close to 50/50.

As I said last night, if we as pilots, F/A's any contract workers have learned anything from history. We have to put down the fights about the color of the airplanes, the size of crew domiciles, $hit about who crossed in '84, '85 on both sides... And not let Downtown Chicago wip saw us to their benifit.

Great! I had just bought new shirts last month I'll get to keep. It is nice not having the metal wings poke you. (I like the embroidered ones)

But seriously, I'm sorry to be all "cum bi ya" (sp) on this and last nights other thread. But I can see these people putting some thinking into a little thing like the paint job. Sure there might be a money reason; but this is a symbolic message to employees and customers alike that this is a merger. I understand that UA shareholders will now hold 55% vs CO shareholders at 45%, but that sounds pertty close to 50/50.

As I said last night, if we as pilots, F/A's any contract workers have learned anything from history. We have to put down the fights about the color of the airplanes, the size of crew domiciles, $hit about who crossed in '84, '85 on both sides... And not let Downtown Chicago wip saw us to their benifit.

That was pretty stupid, sorry. LOL

Great! I had just bought new shirts last month I'll get to keep. It is nice not having the metal wings poke you. (I like the embroidered ones) QUOTE]

I have to say, I'm not poked by my metal wings and the look 10x better than the embroiderd.

I agree they need to pick with one brand and it doesn't necessarily need to match the team that keeps the top floor office.

Webcast:

-- Delta contract is still our offer to the pilots.

-- he wouldn't marry an "ugly girl" (nice way to alienate a large part of your customer base)

-- Q: do you need labor to close the deal? A: "Absolutely not!"

-- Synergies are "profoundly complex"--sounds like financial experts talking about credit default swaps. I.E., "this is too complicated for you to understand." Very comforting.

-- lots of questions about labor towards the end. sounds like they feel that getting labor on board will be easy.

Last edited:
Corporate America will not get confused by the logo. They are the ones that really matter. The rest of the population looks on the internet for the cheapest ticket. They don't know who the hell they are flying on and what gate to go to anyway.

Latest resources

Back