CAL Interview Gouge

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jegermeister

I know there are other threads about this, but many are out dated and off topic. Please reply if you have something worth while to add. Otherwise please keep it to yourself.

1. Interview experience. Questions? How did you respond? Please be specific.

2. Did you do the sim prep in HOU on the 737? Which hotel did you use?

3. Did you do a job fair? Did it help? Describe what happened. Were you in the short stack before attending?

Thanks

Jeger

I've signed up for the free pass at www.aviationinterviews.com but it only shows three interviews for CAL that are slightly dated. If you pay for the site does it offer more experiences?

I've read the FAQ's on the site about the pay aspect of it and it doesn't sound any better than the free side.

FYI. The pay section on aviation interviews has tons of information. When I tried to paste it into Word it was well over 100 pages. It's only like $6/month.

I know there are other threads about this, but many are out dated and off topic. Please reply if you have something worth while to add. Otherwise please keep it to yourself.

1. Interview experience. Questions? How did you respond? Please be specific.

2. Did you do the sim prep in HOU on the 737? Which hotel did you use?

3. Did you do a job fair? Did it help? Describe what happened. Were you in the short stack before attending?

Thanks

Jeger

1. I HIGHLY suggest an interview prep. It only costs a couple of hundred bucks and helps tremendously polish your stories from your particular background. I used Albie from emerald coast consulting. Very professional act.

2. Did the sim prep in Dallas when they were still using the MD-80. However, again...I would HIGHLY suggest getting the sim prep with Ray Brendle in IAH on the 737. Coming from a fighter background I had no clue how sluggish a fatty is. It helped 100%. And even if you have a heavy background - it'll certainly give you more confidence. Again, only a few hundred bucks for a multi-million dollar career. Used the airport Marriot for the interview. I think it's the most popular and the shuttle bus runs every few minutes to take you over to the training center.

3. No job fair - none needed. You do need a "sponsor" to ensure he talks directly to the CP for you. From my "thumbs up" from the CP to my call for an interview it was about 10 months.

Good luck - good company, cool flying, good crews. Should be exciting with the new contract coming out next year. As a commuter - I really like the fact that CAL has a lot of int'l flying which tends to maximize your bang for the buck in relation to days away from home and number of hours. If you live in domicile, you can sit reserve or fly the 737 with no problems. The beauty is - the choice is yours.

Most of the interview questions were "tell me about a time" type of questions. I had two technical questions, vdp stuff and holding speeds.

If you haven't flown a 737 do the sim prep. I had MD-80 time so I didn't do the prep. Highly recomend a interview prep. I used HPA. Well worth it.

It seems like time from CP rec to interview is taking longer now then when I was hired, Sep 2005. I was two months for me.

Scrap,

The reasons that fatties roll slower is to give us fatty drivers time to put down our crew meals (aka box nasty).:beer:

Latest resources

Back