• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL inching towards ceasing lump sum option

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now that's unity. Well guess what it's got to get by our MEC first, before it ever makes the light of day to the pilot group. Well Tara and I hold just under 50% of the MEC Roll Call votes (3-1-09) and in the not to distant future we will hold slightly more then 50% of the roll call vote.

What does this mean? Any attempt to get rid our "A" Plan will never get by the MEC.

Guess what any attempt to keep a "B" scale in effect years 2 - 6 or poverty new hire pay with no insurance will also never get by the MEC, if I have any say.

How about we stand should to shoulder, 5000 strong and fight the common enemy, Continental Management?

Instead of promoting infighting and more thinking about just "ME" and "I", how about we promote unity and negotiating a fair and equatable contract for all 5000 CAL pilots?

Jayson, I don't think Captbert is anti-unity, in fact, he is very much for unity as he attends as many LEC meetings as he can, spreads the word on important issues, etc. Bert is all about combating management but he was simply pointing out the fa ct that we have some with A funds that would sell us bottom guys down the river to protect it.

Cheers

Jayson, I don't think Captbert is anti-unity, in fact, he is very much for unity as he attends as many LEC meetings as he can, spreads the word on important issues, etc. Bert is all about combating management but he was simply pointing out the fa ct that we have some with A funds that would sell us bottom guys down the river to protect it.

Cheers

If that is the case then I misinterpreted his stance and one of the disadvantages of this medium as it is one dimension and sometimes the meaning of the poster is lost in the words. If that is the case I apologize.

When we get our LEC 170 Communication and comprehensive committee's up and running starting 3/1/09 we are going to educate all of our pilots from senior to junior. We are going to engage this pilot group to promote unity.

To all the junior pilots you have my promise as the EWR CA Rep (starting 3/1/09) I will not allow anyone junior or senior alike to be allowed to make major gains in Contract 08 at the expense of either group. I will do my best to provide the infrastructure to negotiate a contract with massive gains in all sections applicable to all pilots on the seniority list.

If we are going to be successful in Contract 08 we need the senior pilots to tell the junior pilots we are going to fight together to get rid of your "B" scale and unacceptable new hire pay and benefits (or lack thereof). Conversely we need the junior pilots to tell the senior pilots we are to fight to make sure the company doesn't take away your "A" plan and lump sum.

If that is the case then I misinterpreted his stance and one of the disadvantages of this medium as it is one dimension and sometimes the meaning of the poster is lost in the words. If that is the case I apologize.

When we get our LEC 170 Communication and comprehensive committee's up and running starting 3/1/09 we are going to educate all of our pilots from senior to junior. We are going to engage this pilot group to promote unity.

To all the junior pilots you have my promise as the EWR CA Rep (starting 3/1/09) I will not allow anyone junior or senior alike to be allowed to make major gains in Contract 08 at the expense of either group. I will do my best to provide the infrastructure to negotiate a contract with massive gains in all sections applicable to all pilots on the seniority list.

If we are going to be successful in Contract 08 we need the senior pilots to tell the junior pilots we are going to fight together to get rid of your "B" scale and unacceptable new hire pay and benefits (or lack thereof). Conversely we need the junior pilots to tell the senior pilots we are to fight to make sure the company doesn't take away your "A" plan and lump sum.

That is why Captbert and I voted for you.

Cheers

Latest resources

Back