CAL hiring slowing down for summer.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

imadumbpilot

Well it appears the summer slowdown is begining. The class sizes in April have been smaller 12 and 8 respectivly, and they have cancelled one of the planned May classes.

The new schedule is:

4/17
4/24
5/8
6/5
7/10
8/7

Hopefully they will gear up again in the fall.

It should pick back up after the summer. A good friend of mine is the Manager of Training Standards in CAL's training dept. I was talking with him a few weeks ago and he indicated hiring will ramp back up starting in September.

Same as what happened last summer.

It should pick back up after the summer. A good friend of mine is the Manager of Training Standards in CAL's training dept. I was talking with him a few weeks ago and he indicated hiring will ramp back up starting in September.

Same as what happened last summer.

This is kind of surprising.

Everybody I know at CAL tells me they are very thinly staffed.
Even some of their operational problems in Feb/March were due to minimal reserve coverage.

fcn

Interviewed recently.. They are hiring into September classes now. Summer slowdown has hit. Things will ramp back up afterwards.

I was surprised as well. A friend finished class last month and they told him at the the training center that they would not be slowing down. As always, things change. Should be an interesting summer. Be ready for the splat!

One thing I will never be in this situation is surprised that the logical action was not taken in regards to staffing. Look forward to a summer of overstuffed hubs, controller shortages in the Northeast, and for extra topping PBS solution constraints. Gonna Get UGLY IN HERE, IN HERE...

Hog...who handed in your stuff? How long did it take to hear anything from them? Good Luck!

FWIW...I have a very good source w/in the schoolhouse...24 per month during the summer...then the normal fall rampage. It would be stupid to stop for the summer with the a/c we are getting next year.

What aircraft are newhires getting hired into over the summer/early fall? Is it always a mix of 737 and 757/767? If you get hired into the longhaul 757/767, what is the seat lock period for that type?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back